Chapter 35

After a few more dates Louis was ready to ask Harry to he his boyfriend, properly.

He got his mum to help him make a cake, as he didn't fancy on asking Harry by giving him food poisoning. The cake was chocolate, Harry's favourite, and in very messy icing letters, it said 'be my bf?' with a heart after it.

"So, Louis, when were you going to tell me?" Jay smirked from the table.

"Umm, wasn't? We assumed you'd just know so yeah."

"Well I did know but I would've preferred it if you embarrassed yourself by trying to tell me."

"Mum, that's mean." Louis pouted, "how did you know anyway?"

"I saw you two holding hands when you came back from that walk where I assume you told him how you feel."

"That's stalking."

"No it's not, it's using my eyes to look out the window."

"Oh."

"I'm back!" Harry called out as he walked through the front door.

"Do not come in here." Louis said quickly, slipping out and shutting the door behind him.

"Why not?" Harry frowned.

"Surprise." Louis shrugged, Harry raising an eyebrow.

"Right. Well hi."

"Hi love, can I have a hug?" Louis opened his arms.

Harry nodded with a grin, snuggling against Louis.

"Alright Harry?" Jay waved, smirking at the pair, "the girls and I are going out."

"Okay. I'll see you later." Harry smiled.

//

"Harold my love, come here." Louis called, dishing up their dinner. "Dinner's ready."

"You make it sound like we're an old married couple when you call me that." Harry giggled as he walked into the dining room, "woah, what's the special occasion?" He looked around at the candles.

"Nothing, I just wanted it to be nice for you."

"That's so sweet." Harry sat down.

"Guess what."

"What?"

"I said guess dumbo." Louis flicked him.

"Umm, you...umm, I don't know?"

"I made dinner! It's chicken stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in Parma ham with a side of mash." Louis stated proudly.

"Oh my god I'm so proud of you." Harry held his hand up for a high five.

"Now hurry up and eat it, I have a surprise."

//

"Close your eyes Harry!" Louis called out, grabbing the cake from the kitchen side and taking it to the table. "Right, open."

"It's upside down." Harry squinted, trying to work out what the messy writing said.

"Oh, hold on." Louis span it around.

"Be...my...bp? What's a bp?"

"Oh for god's sake. That's an f."

"Bf. Be my bf. Boyfriend!?" Harry looked up excitedly, "you want me to be your boyfriend?"

"Of course I do, is that a yes?"

"Yes, yes, yes. Absolutely." Harry jumped up, grabbing Louis's face and kissing him. "Sorry, sorry, I'm just so happy."