LYING

Lying for our purposes is the art of failing to reveal all, part, or most of a story. Sounds complicated huh? Don't worry; you have been doing it all your life. It is just to what degree, and success.

While most will tell you that lying requires a good memory, which is true in most cases, you can follow simple rules, if you haven't been so blessed.

Whenever cheating, there are two easy ways to lie; one, let the story have some truth to it. This makes it easy for you to tell, because most of it actually happened, and more importantly it makes it easier to recall, should questions arise about it, a month later, by your sneaky wife or girlfriend.

So a night out with Jerry, and some other guys from work, that ended up with you meeting a drunk chick, and going back to her place for two hours of wild fucking, which saw you home at four in the morning; turns into a night out with Jerry, and some other guys from work, with Jerry meeting a drunk chick, and you driving the two of them to her house, where he tells you he will only be a minute, but ends up taking two hours, because he was having wild sex, causing you to reach home at four in the morning.

It would not hurt, if Jerry was your supervisor, or outright boss, and when you came home, you were pissing mad.

Voila! Both stories, though very different, in the most important aspects, become easy to tell, and recall, because they contain most of the same elements, just in the way that is best for you.

The second, and possibly harder way, is to tell a story that is ridiculously incredible, yet simple and easy to remember.

After a night out with the guys, you were in the car park, the last to leave, when your keys fell into a storm drain, and you spent the next two hours fishing it out.

Simple, yet ridiculously incredible, not to have actually happened. Two things immediately happen. Your wife/girlfriend thinks this story is too stupid for you to make up, and secondly, because the story is so incredible, it makes it easier to recall.

It would help your lie, if after leaving the drunk chick's place, you stop and spill some stinky drain water on your pants, put some dirt on your shirt, and grime on your hands.

That way, the story becomes more believable, because you have added tactile/physical proof to it, and your partner becomes distracted, thinking that her prayers for you to have a miserable time, out with the boys, actually worked!

Now whether it be element rearranging, or ridiculously incredible, the more you repeat this story, the more believable it becomes...even to you.

If your memory is really terrible, you could try handwriting it down, and then destroying the copy. If you still think you are not ready for all that drama, then the next guideline will surely help.