PROLOUGE

Ashton Irwin

Before my hazel brown eyes was a scene I wouldn't have never believed could actually happen.

It looked plastic, like something you'd expect out of a movie.

Not very many people even saw, however they all heard the ear-piercing scream that escaped the lips of Ren, Rose, Beckett, and Lucy.

The lights of the once barely lit room now illuminated the gym from corner to corner. The room once filled with loud and energizing music came to a halt and was instead replaced with soft giggles as they viewed what was caused.

Four girls with rich black mascara rolling down their cheeks and onto their chins. Pastel gowns now coated with a layer of crimson colored fruit punch.

Tomorrow they would be all over the internet. Video after video on youtube about them covered in stained clothing and ruined makeup.

One of the four, the one in pink, raised her head, pressing her fingers against Michaels chest as she swore profanities like a pirate at sea.

The second, in a violet gown, pressed her hands to her eyes , mumbling and muttering to herself words I could not hear over the swarm of people surrounding us. It looked something along the lines of "No, no, no." and "This can't be happening."

The third, wore a blue dress, as she sat on the ground, her knees pressed tightly against her chest as she bit her lip. She looked off into the distance silently. No tears, nor words spoken. It was honestly frightening to see the girl who never shut up at a loss for words.

But the fourth was the most important one. Because she did not yell, she did not cry or look even the slightest bit angry. Instead , the girl in the green dress, the girl I had come to care for so deeply.

She simply looked back into my hazel eyes, her own filled with utter loathing, betrayal, and disappointment.

I couldn't blame her. That's exactly what I did, I took her trust into my hands and with Michael as my conscience- I crushed it in the rough palms of my hands.

Ruining any and all chance of friendship or love with her, and only now did I realize this.

Now, when it was too late.

And to think I caused all of this.

The fruit stained dresses and tearful girls. The public humiliation these people before me all had to face was because of me. All because I submitted an email and audition tape to get in.

To think that when I sent it, I believed that things would be great - that only happy things could possibly come from this great idea. But instead, only the opposite came to be.

How stupid of me to believe when I came here four months ago at the start of the semester that everything would be perfectly fine.

How naive of me.

"How stupid could I possible get?" I mumbled under my breath watching the blonde - almost white haired girl walk through the door.

"THIS IS AWESOME! THIS is exactly what you girls deserve for muting our lead singer two days before performing!" Michael chuckled with the excitement of a child in Christmas morning.

But then the weirdest thing happened.

Ren stopped yelling. looked down at her now red dress before looking back to Michael.

This time she didn't yell and everyone stayed quiet as she spoke.

"Michael."

That was the first time she had ever said his name without disgust.

"This is what we deserve?... To be humiliated in front all of our friends and all of our mentors?... To be recorded on live streams for the whole world to see?"

Michael stopped laughing. His face dropped entirely, but he did not respond.

"We deserve to be covered in punch? To have ruined dresses she spend hundreds of dollars on? We deserve to have our makeup smeared and reputations broken?. I knew you were a jerk and I may call you an asshole But I don't think you really were one. This... This is a new low. Even for you.

"And I hope you realize this. But we didn't screw with his vocal cords. We just gave him water. Nothing special. Let's go girls."

We watched as Ren held her head high and Beckett stopped sniffling. Together them two dragged Rose, their bravest and most mature warrior out of a battle field of humiliation. Lucy gave me one last look, a look full of regret, before she followed her three friends out of the room.

That was the last time we'd see them for a long while. It was also the first day of regret we ever truly felt.

---
Annika here , so slow updates for this story , comment if you want it to continue . each chapter will be written by a different author of this story .

Love you ,

Bye