II

"You shouldn't be in here." I stepped out from the cold, but she came towards me before I could close the terrace doors behind me. "Don't you know the reason why no one has seen my face?" I could hear the alarms set off. I looked out at the terrace seeing guards surrounding the terrace.

"Aren't they being protective," she scoffed, "Tell them you know me Chloe, I'd never hurt you." She touched my hand, but one of the guards warned her to step back.

"Step away from the Queen, NOW!" They all pulled their safeties off on their guns, holding their grounds. The estate lights were all on and the sound of sirens warned of an intruder. "STEP AWAY FROM THE QUEEN, OR WE WILL SHOOT!"

"Oh god, Chloe," Kimberly was shaking now. She realized how big of a mistake she had just made. "It can't be true! It can't! He's going to kill me, just because I saw your face," she screamed in horror, falling to her knees. "Please, do something Chloe!"

"I can't help you, Kimberly." I heard the sound of several footsteps running down the hallway towards the bedroom door. Kimberly shrieked in horror, she gripped my arm and pulled me along with her. Her nails dug into my arms as the guards were screaming at her to let me go. She didn't let me go, she just kept asking for help. She was warned, but she just couldn't help but be curious and now that curiosity was going to cost her. The bedroom doors slammed open and several guards filed in, all guns pointing at her, now a plethora of red dots forming on her body.

"No! No no no no no," she screamed. "Please! Please," she pulled me left and right, still ignoring the orders to let me go.

"Lower your guns."

And there he was.

His raspy voice cutting the brisk night air.

A chill ran down my spine at the thought of his eyes on me, and I knew they were, I always knew he was watching me.

The guards did as they were told, and finally Kimberly stopped screaming. She was too terrified to make any noise, let alone move. She just stared at Roman like a deer, face to face with the hunter, eyes zeroing in on the barrel of the gun. "Let her go." It was an order, an order not even the stunned animal could ignore. Her claws released my arm and Roman immediately took me into his arms. His large frame enveloping me like a blanket, his wide hand pressing against the back of my head to keep my face hidden in his chest. "Take care of this," Roman ordered once more. I didn't hear Kimberly scream, I only heard what sounded like a muffled voice, before the sound of several footsteps retreated from our presence.

I knew what was happening, a cold look now in Roman's eyes. Roman didn't let go of me, his arms around me tightening in protectiveness. I watched him with worry building inside me, my hands bunching his shirt. He looked down at me cradling my face, his thumb dragging over my lips.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. I shook my head and pressed my forehead against his chest. "I'm going to have a talk with the security around here, I don't know how they could have missed some woman breaking into our bedroom." Roman massaged his fingers into my scalp, trying to calm me down. His fingers grazed over where Kimberly's long nails broke my skin. Roman pulled out his phone and began calling someone. "Be at the house in 30 minutes." He hung up and walked me back into the bedroom, sitting me down on our bed. He dropped down to his knees checking the rest of my body. I smiled, shaking my head, I took his face in my hands.

"I'm okay, Roman. I promise."

He let out an exasperated sigh, burying his face into my stomach. His hands squeezing my hips as he let out a groan. "I am going to kill Choi."

"Stay here with me first," I urged, "I barely saw you all day. You've been locked away in your office." "Maybe you can read me a goodnight story, that British accent of yours will relax me," I teased, he chuckled against my stomach.