Chapter 4

December 7th 1941
Y/N is 19, Steve is 21, Bucky is 22

Y/N and Steve have been together for the last 4 years. Steve and Bucky mended their friendship. Bucky was sure about himself now. He didnt show it he cant, but he is still happy.

The three sat at the local diner talking about how now the USA was in World War 2. Bucky and Steve both wanted to enlist and this scared Y/N.

She knew because if his small size Steve would never be accepted. Bucky however could be and that terrified her.

"No you are not leaving. I wont let you." Y/N says.

"Y/N you dont have a choice here. I do." Bucky says.

Bucky left the house it was just the two of them now. They had no other family kinda like Steve. It was just the three of them.

"He's gonna go, Stevie we cant let him." Y/N says.

"He is gonna go and fight. Just like me." Steve says.

"Steve, I love you I really do, but they wont take you." Y/N says.

Weeks went by and Bucky had been put in a training and Steve keeps changing everything about himself. Trying to get into the army.

"Another failed attempt?" Y/N asks as Steve walked through the door.

"Y/N, please just dont." Steve says.

"Love, Im sorry. Im happy though. Buck leaves in the morning for more training or something. Your coming with us tonight right?" Y/N asks.

"Yeah. I cant let my best girl go alone." Steve says and kisses her cheek.

Lucky for them Bucky wasnt going to war any time soon. The three made their way to a street fair and of course everyone looked at them.

It didnt matter where they went or where they go people always look at the beautiful woman with a sickly weak, man.

"How is she with him? He's a loser." Some guy says.

"I know. She should be with a guy like me." Another says.

"Ignore them, Love." Y/N says and kisses him.

"Okay love-bugs come on. I bet I can make Steve puke on the rollercoaster." Bucky says.

"Not this time." Steve says.

The two ran off to the rollercoaster and of course Bucky won the bet. Y/N had to take care of her now sickish boyfriend. She didnt mind though she doesnt mind. She loves him and to love someone you have to take care of them.

1943

Now even more time has passed and Steve was still trying to go and Bucky was finally going again. He went every so often for training or something, but now he was heading off to war.

"Love, Buck is leaving tomorrow night. Tonight he wants to go to that new Expo. Will you join us?" Y/N asks.

"Of course Love." Steve says.

The couple held hands as they walked through this new expo. Steve kissed her cheek and held her close to him as they walked through the big crowd.

"You know I love you, but some man is watching us." Y/N says.

Steve turned around, but the man moved away. Just then Bucky walked over to them.

"Im gonna go. Its late and... I met someone." Bucky says.

"Who?" Steve asks.

"Someone. Steve keep an eye on my sister." Bucky says.

"I will." Steve says.

"And you little lady. I want you to make sure you stay safe and keep him out of trouble." Bucky says.

Y/N said nothing as tears streamed down her face. Bucky pulled her into his arms and hugged her.

"I'll be home N/N. I'll be home before you know it." Bucky says.

He kissed the top of her head and moved her back into Steve's arms.

"I love you, N/N." Bucky says.

He kissed her head one last time and left them there.

"Come on Doll, lets go home." Steve says.

Steve placed his hand in his. He pulled it to his lips and kissed her knuckles. The two went home and in the morning Buck had left and Steve was made an offer by the army and Y/N was crushed.