Chapter 8b

Author's Notes:

As I mentioned last chapter, This part's a little PG-13.  Nothing inappropriate for teens and it is probably more relevant to the storyline than the pure smut stuff, but there's some stuff happening.

~-~

Dimitri and I had gone through weightlifting together more times than I could count, spotting each other through all of our sets. It was usually uneventful, tedious, and repetitive work, but it had never been with the knowledge that we had this time. We were the only two people in the weight room of the gym this morning, and other than the eighties music Dimitri had turned on, it was quiet and somewhat intimate. We began at the bench press, which seemed innocent enough. Seemed, at least.

To properly spot someone on the bench press, the person lifting is laying down on the bench, which is about twenty inches tall, bringing the bar down across their chest, right at roughly nipple-level, while the spotter is standing just behind the lifter's head, ready to intervene if something should go wrong. Intervening would involve grabbing that bar, which is right roughly nipple-level, and helping to remove it from the lifter's chest, from behind, possibly standing with the spotters legs almost directly around the lifter's head.

I'd dropped the bar twice before, always with an extremely heavy weight, and never on purpose. It was a scary thing when the bar was crushing down on you. You feel like you can't breathe - and in reality, you probably could crack a rib or crush a lung. Dimitri probably saved my life by spotting me those days. That was very different from today.

"Damn," I told Dimitri as I went for another few reps, looking back at him, "I've never wanted to drop this bar so much in my life. If I didn't absolutely know I needed to take this all seriously, I'd drop it on purpose now just to have you over me picking it up, putting your hands on me." I heard Dimitri inhale sharply and saw him adjusting the waistband of his shorts as he moved his stance closer to my head. I wasn't sure if that moving forward was a willful move to distract my focus or if he truly thought I was going to drop the bar.

"After you finish this set," he said "I'll do mine as quickly as I can. Then, we'll move to the concentration curls with the dumbbells."

"You're not making it any easier to finish my set, Comrade," I told him, glancing straight up at his face, which was now above me.

Dimitri gave me a small glimpse of a smile. "My job's not to make it easier."

"I could hit myself with a hammer and it would make my workout harder, but that doesn't mean it would make it more effective," I joked, as I eked out the rest of my set, "There. Done. Your turn."

I stood and let Dimitri load the bar with the extra weight he would need and get in position on the bench. Since he was so willing to test my restraint in the same position, I decided to position myself directly above his face ... which was a big mistake. Three things happened, in short order. First, I could feel the heat of Dimitri's breath on my thigh. My breathing stopped when I felt it. Second, I was absolutely sure that he could see up the leg of my shorts. Third, Dimitri set the bar back on the rack.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Dimitri asked, "Is the room clear? Are we still alone?"

"Yes, but - Oh!" Dimitri's lips were on the upper portion of my inner thigh, face buried inside the leg of my shorts, hands wrapped around my hips and squeezing my ass. He placed a set of four soft, warm kisses higher and higher on my thigh, letting me feel the tip of his tongue on my skin for just a moment at the end of the fourth one, and then pulled away.

"I should probably ask someone else to spot me bench pressing for a few days until I can get used to the idea," he said, "that I can do things like that now, but that I shouldn't do them here. We'd better move on to those curls."