Chapter 4: Just Hanging Out

I woke up in my hotel room. Once my brain could function, I remembered yesterday. I grinned, feeling those same butterflies from yesterday. Knowing that I was even involved with someone as nice, cool, really, really hot as Rodrick was such an amazing feeling.

'What was his room number?' I wondered. I wanted to go see him, and maybe go to the beach, get some food, etc. 'If only I could remember. Oh well.' I could just find him later. I was really hungry. I decided to go down to the breakfast buffet with my family.

We made our way down to the buffet, and found a table. While I was in line gathering some strawberries and toast, someone bumped into me. I didn't typically shy away from expressing myself, so I started saying "Hey, watch yourse-" then I realized, it was Rodrick.

"Hey, I thought we were at the point where we could bump into each other without cursing each other out." Rodrick said, smiling at me.

Flustered, I replied "I, uh- um, I didn't, I didn't know- notice- I thought-"

"I know, you didn't realize it was me." Rodrick said, slightly laughing at my blunder. I nodded to confirm what he thought, so as not to continue my embarrassment.

"Look, my parents thought we shouldn't be together anymore since they- uh- uhm, caught us in the elevator." When he said that, I got sad. Does he think the same thing? Does he not want us to be together? Was this all my fault for wanting to kiss him so much?

"Hey, it isn't your fault. And I want to be with you, I don't care want Susan says." I assumed Susan was his mom, but nonetheless, it was reassuring to know that he still wanted to be with me.

I saw where she was coming from. If I had a kid and caught them making out with some random person in an elevator while we were on vacation, I wouldn't be too happy either.

"I get it." I said. "And I want to be with you too. You're like, one of the coolest people I know." I looked down at my plate to hide the way I was blushing.

We started moving up the line at the buffet, so as to not hold everyone up.

"Do you, maybe, wanna get out of here?" Rodrick asked.

"Well I just got my breakfast, but I guess so." I told my parents I wanted to go to the beach to listen to some music. Them being a nuclear average family, they didn't care for my punk, metal, and goth music very much, so they let me go on my own.

Rodrick and I left for the beach. "Wait a minute. Are either of us wearing a bathing suit?" I asked.

"Shit. No. Should we head back?" Rodrick replied.

"No, no. I like just being around you. Let's go somewhere where we can just be with each other."

"Man, I would like to see you in a bathing suit again." Rodrick said, smirking.

I laughed before shoving him. "Hey! I'm kidding. I can still stare at you when you have normal clothes on."

"Dude, keep talking like this and I'll have to report you for harassment." I joked. He laughed and we kept walking.

"Where are we going, anyways?" I asked Rodrick. We'd been walking for a few minutes, so I thought it would be good to know.

"It's just up ahead. I promise it won't be long."

"That's basically what you said about The Cranium Shaker."

"And you had fun, didn't you."