Chapter 2: The Hotel.

We'd finally arrived at the hotel. My little brother had been really loud the entire way, and my mom was mad that I'd let him get all messed up in the bathroom. I'd kept my headphones on, and just mimicked the bass line to all of the songs.

I couldn't get that boy out of my head. Rodrick. That name kept appearing in my head. I didn't even know if he was coming to the beach or going. Was that the only time I would ever see him? I tried drowning the thoughts out with music, but it was way too significant for me to just forget. I was unpacking my stuff while thinking about him.

"Y/N! Could you come here? Your father needs help unpacking the toiletries." I groaned and made my way over to my parents room; the only split off room in the house, meaning I had to share a space with Sammy. Whatever. I marched over to my dad and sorted out my toiletries from the rest, and plopped them down in the bathroom.

"Hey, mom, I think I'm gonna go down to the buffet and get some dinner." I yelled to my mom.

"Okay sweetie! Could you please get your brother some dinner though?" My mom replied. I hastily agreed and got into the elevator.

As I entered the elevator and pressed the shiny cold "Close Doors" button, a hand stopped the doors, and hurriedly said "Hey, keep 'em open, hold on." The hand looked vaguely familiar, the black nail polish, the one small stick 'n' poke tattoo on the middle finger, and the short nails. When the rest of the body came into the elevator, I suddenly realized where I knew that hand from.

I was almost too dumbfounded to speak. So was he.
"R-Rodrick?" I said quietly. His face was the same.
"Whoa. Y/N. I thought I wouldn't see you again because I never got your info." He replied, somewhat louder than his usual tone.

I was really tempted to pull him into the elevator and close the doors right then and there, just to have some alone time with him, but the rest of his family crowded next to him. He and I stood next to each other while the rest of his family stood around.

His brother broke the silence by saying "Isn't that the person from the rest stop? You seemed to really like them Rodrick." He said, smirking. Rodricks parents looked down and quietly said "Greg!" in a muted tone. Rodrick decided to take a different route by punching his brother in the stomach. "Ow!" He shouted, while Rodrick smiled at me, looking content with himself.

Rodrick's mother apologized for her sons before exiting the elevator with her husband and Rodrick's brothers, to which I replied by giving an awkward laugh and saying that it was completely okay.

Rodrick stayed behind with me in the elevator. He got up close next to me and whispered out of the side of his mouth "I'm sorry about my brother, Greg." I laughed it off and responded "He's pretty similar to my brother, Sammy. I'm familiar with younger brothers acting stupid." We both had a good laugh before getting off at the ground floor where the buffet was.

When we got off at the buffet floor, we got quite a few stares. Like I had brought up back at the rest stop, there are VERY few punk people, (or alternative people at all) in this beach town.

We sat down at a table, before grabbing our plates. We went up in line to get our food, and neither of us got any actual food. I covered anything and everything in chocolate from the chocolate fountain, and he just got a bunch of wings. We laughed really hard at the fact that so many people (especially people our age) were watching us with quiet judgement, but we didn't care.

We made our way back up to our rooms, which were surprisingly on the same floor, but before I could go into my room, Rodrick grabbed my hand.

"Look, the first time you left without giving me your information, we got lucky by meeting at the same hotel. This time, I need your number at least." I blushed really hard, and he could tell. His cool guy facade from the rest stop was back, but this time it was genuine. He actually felt confident around me. This made me feel really good, because I knew something good could come from it.

I gave him my number and socials, and kissed him on the cheek goodnight. I was in my pajamas (which was really just an oversized band tee and some running shorts I never wore) and got into bed. Sammy was in the bed next to mine, drooling all over his pillow.

My phone buzzed. I checked to see what it was from, the light of the screen illuminating my face and hurting my eyes. Through the blur of my adjusting eyes, I could just barely make out the text.

                               Rodrick <3

hey

   omg it's so late lmao.
but yeah what's up

nm, but meet me at the swimming
pool tmrw @ 12:00

alright ig, you better not do anything weird lmao

we'll see 🤷🏻‍♂️
um, ok lol
see u 2mrw :)
*read 11:32pm

"Well that was weird." I thought to myself. I wondered what he was going to do. I didn't want to concern myself with it, because even though we'd just met, I felt a good sense of trust with Rodrick. I went to sleep, and tried not to overthink it.