"Ah.. I'm sorry your highness.. I don't know his name.. I just know that the King has requested for me to aid you." The woman frowned and Yeona nodded.

"Well.. that's alright." Yeona followed the maid into the bathroom.

"Y-your highness.." The woman began as she turned on the bath water, "I haven't had to replace any of your menstrual products lately.. are you alright?"

Yeona froze,"I-I'm quite alright.. I've just been feeling a bit under the weather recently.. So I'm a bit late."

"Oh.. well.. please let me know if you require any medical assistance your highness." The woman turned off the bath and waited for the princess to get inside of the tub.

Yeona found herself somewhat relaxed as the maid scrubbed her limbs and took the time to carefully watch the princess's hair.

"Princess Yeona.. I'm very sorry for what has been happening to you over the last month." The woman murmured.

"It's quite alright.. Surely.. it's a small price to pay to be a descendant of Jung Jaegeun." Yeona lied.

It wasn't alright at all, in fact, she felt the growing urge each day to run away.. but unlike her brother she hadn't formed any bonds with anyone from a neighboring kingdom. And Yeona was sure that whoever was with her would surely betray her in a second as she was merely a 'princess'.

The maid rinsed off the princess's hair and limbs before helping her to dress up. "Y-your highness.." With a bit of internal conflict the maid continued,"The corset does not properly tie around your stomach."

Yeona grimaced,"O-oh.. maybe I have eaten a bit too much today." This was a lie, and they both knew it. The King wasn't allowing any of the princesses to have a proper meal as punishment for "letting their brother escape".

"I'll go find a looser dress." The maid murmured and quickly rushed to look in the princess's closet. What if I really am pregnant.. must I get rid of it? But what if I get the chance to see Yoonjae again..

"Here is a different dress." The maid spoke and helped Yeona zip up the dress. "You look gorgeous your highness." The maid complimented and Yeona smiled softly.

"Thank you."

"Would you like a bit of makeup?"

"Just to cover my eyebags.. yes."

The maid worked quickly to help give the princess what she requested. "All set.. Do you want me to walk you downstairs?"

"Yes please." Yeona spoke and walked with the woman down to meet the king.

・:*:・

"Father?" Yeona asked, seeing her father converse with an older man.

"Yeona. My daughter, I want you to meet someone."

"Who's this?"

"This.." The King gestured to the man beside him, "Is King Do Heejoon."

"Oh.. alright." Yeona approached the man and curtseyed properly. The man took her hand and kissed it. Yeona contained her disgust and tried pulling her hand away but the man would not let go.

"S-So!" Yeona tugged her hand away roughly. "Why was I called down here?"

"We're having a nice family dinner like we always do Yeona." The King made a face and the princess knew she had to play along or pay the price later.

"Ah.. alright." Yeona entered the grand dining hall with her father and Heejoon. The King sat down at one head of the table while the Queen sat down at the other. She noticed her twin sisters sitting at the table in a different spot than usual. Instead of Jieun sitting beside her, Jieun was sitting across from her with Sieun.

In Jieun's chair, Do Heejoon took the girl's spot. The man sat between the King and Yeona. Yeona noticed how the male would move his chair closer to hers.. and feeling discomfort, she moved as far away as she could.

"Well.. you all can eat now." The King spoke and everyone began eating.

Yeona watched as the twins ate more than usual. It was clear that while they didn't understand what was happening, they wanted to eat as much as they could before the King prevented them from doing so.

The Queen looked up at the twins with an unreadable look on her face. Yeona noticed her mother refused to look at the King the entire time. In fact, Yeona realized that the King hadn't even spoken to the King either.

The meal continued in an awkward silence and when it finally finished the King spoke up. "Well. You may all be wondering what this meal was for."

Yeona looked at her father nervously and the twins stopped eating.

"Today, we celebrate the engagement of Yeona and Do Heejoon." The King spoke and Heejoon smiled at Yeona.

Yeona paled and dropped her glass, causing water to spill all over the table.

Three servants quickly rushed to wipe up the mess but Yeona couldn't even pay attention to them.

"E-Eomma.." whispered Yeona as she turned to look at her mother. The woman just looked down at her emptied plate and said nothing.

"The wedding will be in a week."

"A w-week?! Appa-"

"I know, this was a surprise, but you have to understand it was an agreement of sorts." The man spoke calmly.

Yeona wanted to cry. Why is this happening?! Another thought suddenly arrived in her head. Yoonjae.. the baby!

Suddenly the princess felt dizzy from all of the sudden information.

"Of course, this is very unlike tradition. So we are allowing Heejoon to stay in our Kingdom until the day of. But you do not have to share a bed unless you want to Yeona." The King spoke, acting as if he had just done her a favor and not just announced that he was marrying her off to a random old man she had never met before. She was certain that this man was in his early seventies.

Her mother had only had Yeona when she was twenty. This man was twenty years older than her mother and forty years older than her.

Yeona looked at the twins and noticed the horrified looks on their faces.

"Well.. I'll give you two the chance to get to know each other better in the living room." The King spoke and Yeona was somehow moving with Heejoon to the room.

"I will let you two get acquainted." The King spoke and positioned a guard in the room before leaving.

Heejoon smiled at Yeona and Yeona felt a tear fall down her cheek.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
What will become of Yeona?!
:(

This is what she wore by the way