Hajiya Sadiya asked everyone to leave Adeelah with her.

"You're so worried than a usual bride. Are you okay?"

Adeelah nodded without a word. Hajiya Sadiya went out and called one of Adeelah's aunties to give her an advice.

"Save the advice aunt please till the knot is tied."

"You're not even shy of me." They laughed but yet Adeelah was sick on the inside.

Abba had left for the mosque along with his brothers whom one of them was Adeelah's waliyy. Like a joke it seemed to them one hour passed, neither Ameer nor hia guardians arrived. They waited and waited but none showed up. They began to call them one after the other on phone but switched off. Abba began sweating. Beebo has done her thing.

They were sitting down when one of them heard his phone ringing.

Abba and others looked at him as he picked the call and switched on speaker.

"Kawu good morning. This is Ameer speaking. I am calling to say i have called off the wedding."

The place echoed of innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. Family and friends were waiting outside. Alot of men dressed in kaftans were smelling good as if they were the grooms themselves.

Abba stood up and walked out to try calling Beebo. She shouldn't do this to him. To unravel all his secrets to the world. What type of woman was she? Doesn't she forgive and forget especially now that he's repented?

He left his brothers and cousins inside the mosque clueless of what to do. They all had different thoughts running in their heads and wondering why this would happen. What would they telk the world? This alone had drastically affected their family image and Adeelahh. Whoever that would come next to marry her would be told that her wedding was cancelled on the D day. That would create so many doubts. Oh lord of mercy. How will they call or go back home to tell Adeelah this?

But why?

What if it's his wife that threatened him? But he sounded calm before he switched off the call. He surely did it on purpose because they didn't see any of his people present. How low were this people? How could they do that as if they weren't responsible enough? Adeelah's uncle's couldn't add up their thoughts. They couldn't find any reason why this would be done. Just why?

When they were all quiet thinking of what to do, a men heavily scenting of perfume approached them amd asked them what happened.

"We are here for a wedding. The groom called to cancel it." One of them spoke to him. The man's aura and charisma floated in the air. They were people who stayed in Danbatta and hardly mingle with big people if not they were sure they would know him.

"I will marry Adeelah if you don't mind." All of them looked at him twice. How did he know her? Her nane? Who was he? Why was he here? They had no time to ask him. They just wanted something to cover up this shame that Ameer brought to their family.

"Young man..."

He smiled shaking his head.

"I am a man and i can get myself married." He added.

They looked at eachother ans thought that this would be the best thing to do.

"Call Rabi'u." The eldest instructed.

Abba was still pacing around when his cousin Malam Shafi'u touched him. He looked as if he had been shocked.

"Someone wants to marry Adeelah. What do you say?"

There his phone rang. It was Beebo.

He looked at Malam Shafi'u. "Go ahead with the marriage." And thus he walked far away to answer the call. Malam Shafi'u returned to the mosque with alot of thoughts. Just because they didn't want their reputation to be tarnished, they shouldn't marry off Adeelah to a stranger like that. They should rather ask for her permission. That's his thought.

He dared not to talk against his elder brother.

After so many questions and making of calls, thus the Imam tied the knots of marriage between Adeelah and the strange man. Immediately and without taking pictures, the man sought to leave for something very urgent. And that he would come back once he sorts it out. And thus he left with a victorious smile on his face.

He didn't plan this. It just happened.

Ammar and her two other brothers couldn't make it there as the car they rode gave them problem along the way. They just received a call that the marriage had been tied.

*****

Adeelah had been calling Ameer but couldn't reach him. It's after she's given up she heard the men coming in. She's sitting among her aunts and cousins when Hajiya Sadiya came to call her.

"Abba wants you in his parlor."

Adeelah nodded and tread to his parlor as he demanded. She greeted him and sat on the floor with her head down.

He cleared his voice.

"Everything that happens to a soul, it has been decreed. I want you to take this as qadr and accept it with full heart Adeelah."

She swiped her head up.

"Ameer called off the wedding and we got you married to—" instead of completing his statement, he showed her an alert in his phone.

"I am going to send the money to your account. It's two hundred thousand naira, your sadaki. This young man saved me from alot of heartaches and i implore you to do the same for me please Adeelah. He's a nice man and you know that. I know you will be grateful if you find out who he is. I'm sorry to make you go through this."

"Abba who is he?" She asked above all his explanations.

Abba smiled at her.