Nerves (Part 4)

PLEASE READ A/N!! ⚠️

Think that might be it for 'Nerves' unless you've got any requests for it. 😌 Enjoy. I decided that my female lead needed a name! You can thank Ellie2122 for the amazing name! She's the most supportive person ever and motivates me to continue my writing! Again don't forget to comment/private message me any requests or suggestions. And. a big thanks to everyone who comments on my chapters it really motivates me! ❤️

We were in the delivery room now, Aitch was stood next to me and the midwife was at the bottom of the bed looking between my legs, which were spread apart on the bed and bent at the knees.

I had a hospital gown on pulled up to just below my tummy.

"Right sweetheart I need you to give me one big push." The midwife told me.

Aitch had one hand clasped in mine and the other on my leg supportively rubbing it as I gave a big push, pulling my legs towards myself and giving it my all.

I squeezed his hand and fell back against the bed.

"Yes sweetie that's perfect I see the head now don't push just breath in and out for me, soft pants"

She coaxed me holding my baby's head. After 20 minutes of the ordeal still no baby, I was beyond exhausted.

Harrison was the most supportive, hand on my leg, encouraging me to push.

"Right push again for me sweetheart, one more push and you'll have your baby" The midwife spoke.

"I-I can't, I cant do it, no more i can't" I whimpered, worn out. Harrison squeezed my hand.

"You need to babe, one more push darling, do it for me yeah? It's soon over Taz." He whispered to me kissing my clammy forehead.

I nodded my head weakly and gave one last push before falling against the bed completely worn out.

I couldn't really hear much but the faint sound of crying, it sounded muffled. My vision started to blur, and the crying faded away along with my consciousness.

Aitch's P.O.V

I cried as I looked at our baby for the first time, my beautiful baby girl.

I turned back to Tasmyn to see how she was but her eyes were shut.

"Taz" I gently shook her shoulder but there was no response.

"Tasmyn wake up."

The doctor suddenly intervened pushing me away and telling me to leave.

"Nah what's wrong with her? What's happening. You can't kick me out!"

I shouted looking at my girlfriend who was completely unconscious.

The midwife stepped in front of my view of the blood covered bed.

"Harrison please leave the room and allow us to help Miss Brookes, there's a few complications we'll let you know when her condition is stable, please step outside" The midwife stated firmly pointing towards the door, guiding me out into the hall.

What the fuck did that even mean 'stable', she was stable just a few minutes ago, I thought to myself.

I turned around to find my mum stood there with flowers in her hand and a concerned look on her face. "What is it Harrison? Come sit down and talk to me."

My Mum spoke grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the seating area.

"Mum, she was fine everything was calm, she had the baby." I took in a shaky breath as my mum rubbed my back.

"She had the baby but then she stopped responding and there was blood, loads of it. I can't lose her mum I don't want any of it if I don't have her. fuck the music, fuck all of it, I can't go on without Taz, there's no point."

I mumbled the last part putting my head in my hands. I felt my Mum put her arm around me, we sat there for two hours, two whole hours and no news on how she was.

I looked up when I heard the door open, the midwife walked out with a solemn look on her face.

I shot up out my seat and walked towards her.

"How is she? Where's our baby?" I rushed out.

"Harrison I need you to calm down for me and take a seat please, she gestured behind me to where my Mum was sat."

"No! Just tell me what's wrong with her." I demanded getting impatient.

The midwife let out a sigh before speaking,

"Both Mother and baby are stable, Miss Brooks had what we call a severe haemorrhage."

I cut off the midwife mid sentence. "What's that mean?" I asked impatiently.

I felt my mum's presence behind me, she put a hand on my back and stood next to me.

"In basic terms it just means she's suffered a lot of blood loss during the birth. She's stable and we've given her a blood transfusion, she's asleep but you can come to see her now, one visitor only though please."

As soon as the midwife said that I ran into the hospital room to find my Taz lying peacefully on the bed with a blood tube going into her arm, and an oxygen mask on her face.

"Taz?" I whispered sitting at her bedside.

"I need ya Taz, can't do it without ya." I whispered, kissing her hand gently, her eyes slowly opened and look around confusedly.

"Take your time darling, you're okay." I uttered, seeing she looked scared.

I leaned forward and kissed her lips softly before whispering "Take your time Taz, I'm right here."

Tasmyn nodded her head and reached up trying to take the oxygen off, I grabbed her hand shaking my head to stop her.

I turned when I heard the door open and the midwife walked in with a small bundle in her arms, our baby.

"Are you ready to meet your baby Mr Armstrong, oh and Tasmyn you're up already!"

The midwife walked over and placed the bundle in my arms, before walking over to Taz and taking off her oxygen mask.

"How are you feeling Tasmyn?" The midwife questioned her.

Taz looked towards me and spoke "I want my baby." She whispered, her voice croaky, and tears building in her eyes.

I immediately got up and placed the small bundle into her arms. "It's alright, her she is."

She gazed at our beautiful girl and began to cry, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." She whispered, gazing lovingly at our girl.

I looked down at our baby in her arms, her eyes were still shut as she slept peacefully lying on her Mother's chest. I placed one of my fingers in her tiny palm and she instantly tightened her grip on it.

"What shall we name her babe?" I whispered.

"Ava, I want to call her Ava Armstrong." She looked up at me and smiled her green eyes sparkling with joy.

Leaning down I kissed her softly. "Perfect babe, you did so good."

Thank you for reading appreciate every single one of you!