chapter 13~

The weekend had past by in a blur. My mind was still crawling over the little-big squabble mum and dad had the other day.

What did they mean? What had happened eighteen years back? I knew how stupid it may seem but I had a strong urge to build some time travel machine and go to see for myself.

I wanted to ask but most of the time neither of them were home, and the time when I came across them, they would flee as if I were a disease. First I had thought it was just the normal routine but it had become too much of a coincidence, for me to believe.

So, today when I woke up I had made up my mind to get hold of either of them before they get to work.I decided I'll get my answers, I had to confront them. Still in my night suite, not bothering to freshen up, afraid that I might miss them again, I walked down towards the kitchen following the mouthwatering aroma.

"Mum?"I asked as I entered the kitchen. She was putting together a sandwich. I went over from behind, back hugging her, I placed a kiss on her cheeck. "You must go and freshen up first."

"Mum about th-"

"London, I have to get going. Work calls. I had stuffed the fridge with tetra juices, have the sandwich before you leave. I love you, okay?" She said placing a soft peck on my forehead.

That was exactly what I meant. They were dismissing conveniently. Letting the issue loose for the some other time, I decided to freshen up.

After a nice warm shower, I pulled on a comfy sweatshirt and slimfit black denim. The weather outside was a lot more cooler compared to the heat just a few days back.

Munching on the sandwich, I made my way out of the house, managing to lock the door with a single hand. I got my Harley out of the garage. Finally shoving the last piece of the sandwich in my mouth I put it in gear.

It felt nice to let the wind weave through my hair as I sped on towards the college. I always put on my helmet, as a person grown in the big city, I had come to follow the rules from a very young age. But on days like today it felt good to break some rules. Smiling to myself I let serotonin run through my body. Although I didn't get the answers I wanted it still felt like an amazing day, oh how wrong I was.

After parking my bike under the shed, my usual place, I made my way towards the cafeteria. And just as I thought Clarice was there, but sitting on the table with her legs on the chair that Kai was sitting on. To someone it might look weird, but we already were well aware that Clarice was born weird.

"Hey London! You came in very early," she said jumping off the table onto her high heels. How does the girl even managed that?

"You finished the assignment Professor Canaluope gave us?" She put an arm around my shoulders dragging me with her to the first class.
Doomed

The first three lectures took forever to finish as I waited desperately for the lunch break. Monday and Thursday were the only days our lunch breaks coincided with the seniors. As soon as the lecture got over which I had desperately awaited, I practically ran out of the class. But I didn't go to the cafeteria, instead I made my way towards the Modern literature class I knew that the second years had just finished.

I stopped myself before I could crash into the guy I had waited to meet for so long.

"You got the script done?"I asked bouncing on my feet.

"I want to see." I almost ripped open Neil's bag to get my hand on the project file.

"Patience London. I don't understand just the other day you were going along with the story as if someone had made you agree holding you to the gun point. And now you are acting like a child wandering in Disney Land." Neil said shoving his folder away from my reach.