Chapter Thirty-One

Yaku:
Was I too harsh?
I felt the need to glance over my shoulder, but I didn't. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed some paper towels, shoving them in my face.
I leaned over and counted the seconds until I reached 100.
It was boring to do but it usually stopped bleeding by then.
I checked and frowned when blood dropped to the ground. I heard the door open and I threw away the towels, getting new ones.
"Sorry for hitting you in the face," Lev said.
I look at him as I placed more towels under my nose. Guilt squeezed my heart again. His eyes were red and puffy...
"It's fine. You're still learning," I said stiffly, feeling the guilt lift a little when I said that. It was still there though. "I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, too. I'm just stressed about stuff."
Lev tilted his head and I felt my heart pick up speed.
I checked my nose and smiled a little when I took the idea that it had stopped.
"Can you try teaching me how to receive again?" he asked.
I nod and we left the bathroom. Kuroo was walking over, grinning at us. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a new ball from a basket as we passed it.
"I'm going to help Lev with receiving outside," I say, walking past Kuroo.
Kuroo grabbed my collar and pulled me back to him.
"You need to eat breakfast."
He pulled out a bowl of warm curry out of nowhere and put it in my other hand.
"Fine," I say, tossing the ball to Lev. He caught it and we headed outside.
"Warm up," I tell him as I took my seat at a bench and watched, stuffing a spoonful of curry into my mouth.
He began to do so and I ate it, watching as he moved around, warming up.
Kuroo sat beside me and I jumped, nearly spitting out a mouthful of curry.
"What?" I ask.
He handed me another bowl and I happily took it, lighting up.
As I took my first bite, Kuroo spoke.
"Do you like someone?"
I froze for a millisecond before putting the spoonful into my mouth. He grinned, satisfied with my reaction.
"Is it the Russian boy?" he asked.
"That sounds rasist," I point out through my mouthful, trying to get Kuroo to not talk about it when Lev was right there.
"Oh shut it," he snorted.
I rolled my eyes and he got back on a serious note.
"But seriously, as your team captain, I am asking," he said.
I stared at him before sighing. "Fine. I do, now keep your mouth shut and go fawn over Kenma instead of my love life."
Kuroo straightened and I grinned.
"Oh, you don't like that?" I purr, grinning. "Then stop teasing me about that and go back to your own love life," I deadpan.
He cleared his throat and ran a hand through his bed-head hair. "Akaashi wants to talk to you by the way."
I frown. "Why?"
He shrugged.
"Said he has something for you."
"Alright. I'll talk to him when I make Lev run laps."
"Laps?!" the grey haired bean pole piped up, twisting his head around to look at me.
I gave Lev a look.
"Did I stutter?"

Okay!! I am putting all of my books on hold(MINUS THIS ONE) so I can update this book and get it done. Then I can move onto another one for you guys!