Chapter Sixteen

Yamaguchi:
I snapped my eyes open, taking in short gasps. I sat up and I felt the air go down my shirt, cooling the sweat that was sticking to my back. I looked at the window, seeing nothing but the moonlight. Suga's mat was empty, and so was Tsuki's. My heart beat hard in my chest as I got up to go take a shower despite the time.
As I passed the other rooms, I heard nothing but the sound of the clock in the far end, ticking softly.
I walk into the bathing room and quickly get a shower going, watching the water go down the drain.
(I do not know how Japanese showers/baths work or if it's just rooms of large tubs. So I'm just going to do what I am used to. :/ sorry if you don't like the it isn't accurate.)
I checked the heat before stripping down and stepping in. I pulled the curtain around me and let the water wash over my back. I got my hair wet and let the water run down my face, rinsing off the sweat that covered my face.
After a minute, I heard the door open to the bathroom. I tensed up and hurriedly shut the shower off, filling the air with silence.
But water droplets kept hitting the floor, making me wish I was not naked in a shower.
"Tadashi?" Tsuki's soft voice whispered in the silence. My luck was as good as a black cats today. I held my breath as I grew tense, the cold air causing gooseflesh to rise on my arms.
Talk about awkward!
I waited about a minute before risking it and reaching out to grab a towel that hung next to the shower. I pulled it back in and wrapped in around my body, covering my chest.
I know it was what girls did, but it felt weird to just put it around my waist.
It reminds me of when turkeys try to fight for dominance or something and they puff out their gobble thing and strut around, puffing their chest out.
I didn't like showing my skin anyways. And yet here I was, wearing short shorts that went up to my mid-thigh for a sport and they were my pj's as well.
I peeked out of the curtain and stepped back out of surprise, he was right in front of me.
I hit my head on the wall and I slipped on the wet tiled floor, falling down onto my butt.
The towel was soaked and it became loose around me. I fixed it as best I could and curled up in the corner, looking away from him.
I felt exposed.
Like in the olden days in America.
A woman being called a witch and being stripped from her identity as a mother or wife, being forced to die for doing nothing but living.
"Tadashi?" Tsuki asked again.
I look up at him and he held his hand out. I took it after a second of hesitation and he helped me back onto my feet and off the tiled shower floor. I stepped onto the carpet next to the shower and stood their, wishing I was not wearing a towel around my body and wearing my shirt and pants instead.
"Can...can you look...can you look away for a minute?" I ask, stuttering.
(When you stutter, it is usually repeating words not letter sounds. I should know since I do it all the time and get made fun of because I do that.)
Tsuki's face turned red and he spun around, his shoulders tense. I waited a second before dropping the towel, the sound seeming to echo in my head. I reached down and grabbed my boxers and pants, putting them on quickly.
I then put my shirt on and hugged myself.
"I'm done, " I say quietly.
Tsuki turned around and let his stiff arms go limp at his sides. I started at his right hand. I held his hand...
And I let him go.
I look up at him and he averted my gaze.
"Can...can we talk?" he asked, his tone sounding like a mixture of hope and guilt and curiosity.
I stared at him before glancing to the doorway. I could just run away and hide until morning, but I knew Daichi or Suga would come after me to ask what was wrong if this went on long enough.
"Yeah..." I say finally.
I really wanted to hide.
I felt like an ostrich.
If only I could stick my head in the ground every time I felt like hiding.
But...this is reality. And it can be as soft as a feather, or as harsh as hell itself.
It is just not fair.

(Okay, I lied with the many chapters. I got caught up with other stuff. {Youtube*cough*} but here! Also, I realize that since these chapters are so short, the book will be pretty long since I need to write about all the ships getting together and about Hinata who should be the main character, but it's anime, seriously, everyone is the main character in this one. Also, I'm posting this the day after I typed it because it was late and I needed to sleep for school ;-; so enjoy this and I'll see yall's later.)