20- Kihyun

"Where is he?" I had received messages from Hyunwoo that consisted of "He found out" "He's spacing out, what do we do?" I didn't have to ask who he was talking about when I immediately called.

"He left. Minhyuk tried to go after him, but he was gone by the time he got to the door."

"I know where he's going." I grabbed a hoodie that I had laid on the back of the couch and told Hyunwoo to wait a second as I put it on. Picking the phone up again, I went to leave the house. I wouldn't be going very far, but I didn't know how long I'd have to wait.

"Ki, Hyungwon never meant to hurt him." I heard the sobbing in the background of Hyunwoo's side. His voice was coated in worry just as much as mine was.

"Then he needs to prove that to Kyun. Don't ask me how because I'll be surprised if he can," I knew it wasn't fully Hyungwon's fault that things ended how they did, but I couldn't help being a little biased either. I had spent the last few years with Hoseok trying to help our youngest move on from what happened. Even if it seemed like something that wouldn't mean much to either of us, it had broken Changkyun's heart. "I have to text Hoseok and let him know what's going on. I'll call you later?"

"Yeah. Please let me know when you find him. I feel terrible that this happened when we were meeting for the first time."

"Hey, don't worry. It isn't your fault. I'll text you, okay?" When he responded with 'alright' I hung up and pulled up my messages with Hoseok.

Me
I need you to get home
as soon as you can. It's
Changkyun.

The sound of running had me whip my head up to see the small boy coming. He had come exactly where I knew he would. Mine and Hoseok's house was where we would be eventually if not already.

I stuffed the phone in the hoodie pocket before the younger basically crashed into my arms. I could feel his shaking as he tried to calm down from both running and emotions. His body was weak as I was doing my best to keep us both from sinking.

"It'll be okay Kyunie." I whispered. A buzz from my phone had startled both of us, but that had caused Changkyun to smile into my shoulder.

"That was probably Hoseok. Hyunwoo told me what happened so I texted him to come home. He should be here soon-"

"No. Don't tell Hoseok hyung. He'll hurt Hyungwon." The younger's eyes were shaking even more as he said this. I couldn't understand what was going on in his thoughts. If he wanted nothing to do with Hyungwon or was going to forgive and forget. I wasn't able to tell.

I brought a hand up to his cheek and wiped away the tears with my thumb which turned useless as another fell as soon as I lowered the hand. "Alright. That's up to you, but he'll find out eventually. Whether from you, Minhyuk, or Hyungwon himself." There was no way this would be kept from Hoseok, but I wasn't going to go against his wishes.

Changkun's eyes lowered and widened as he noticed the wet stains on my hoodie. "Hyung, I'm sorry!"

I raised my hand up again to move the hair away from the younger's face. "Don't worry Kyun. Let's go inside." He nodded and held on to me as we made our way from the sidewalk into the house. I sat him down on the couch facing the living room window and took the hoodie off placing it where I had found it.

"Changkyun, I am not going to keep anything from you so I am going to tell you this and I want you to notice that I was doing what I thought was best. Clearly I should have told you, but I can't fix that now." I had sat down next to the boy and made sure he was paying attention to me before confessing. "I knew. About Hyungwon." His eyes widening as he visibly grew angry, was all in my head. I hadn't expected for him to show no change in emotion like it didn't matter. Maybe he was just too shocked? Was he frozen in thought?

"It's okay."

"Wh-what?"

"You did what you thought was best. That's no different from what I did to Hoseok," He looked at me with eyes full of sadness but showed a small smile of reassurance. He still felt terrible for hurting Hoseok, but was holding back any emotion towards me to keep from making me feel the way he does. There was no need for him to voice that.

"Kyun, if you're mad at me please say it."

"I'm not and it isn't going to affect our friendship either." Changkyun paused as another tear fell. "I-i can't lose you right now Kihyun." I pulled the younger into another hug. Placing his head on my chest. "I have n-no one else to go to. Hyungwon is the one who left me and although I don't want to speak to him again, I wouldn't want him hurt either. Which is what Hoseok said he'd do."

"Then you need to figure out what you're going to do with Hyungwon because it's too late to change roommates. I know you aren't going to like this, but you're gonna have to talk to him or else it's going to be hell living in that dorm- and you are not dropping out Changkyun." I made sure to change my voice from soft and caring to stern. We had all come so far from home just for college. If he dropped out because of this it would all be for nothing.

The door being opened and closed in a loud noise tore both Changkyun and I appart to look at who it was. Hoseok walked over to the couch and hugged the youngest with no words.

~
Surprise! I was able to finish the chapter in time!💙💙💙 have a good day/night

Also, I don't know if anyone has connected Hyejin with Hwasa, but it completely spaced my mind that her name is Hyejin until now 😂