2-Changkyun

Obviously surprised at Hoseok's abruptness, the tall, tired, male hesitated before answering, "Uhm-no. I'm a second year. And you are?" His voice wasn't harsh, but he didn't seem inviting either.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered. "I'm your new roommate. And uh these guys are just my friends."

"Just your friends?" Hoseok asked seeming overly hurt.

"We're best friends," Kihyun interjected looking at Hoseok with a look I had seen plenty of times. For some reason, his question had made Kihyun irritated. I only looked back at my unnamed roommate hoping he wasn't uncomfortable or angry with me.

"Uh. Yes, we are best friends, but I think you guys can go for now. I'll talk to you later." I said while trying to push them out the door despite knowing Hoseok was much stronger than me, but Kihyun got the idea.

"Hoseok-hyung, we should really go," Kihyun said wrapping his arms around me for a hug before walking out. Hoseok did the same, only tighter. Like he was afraid to leave.

As I closed the door behind them, I dreaded looking at the reaction of my new roommate. I didn't have to though since he had already laid down on his bed seemingly asleep. I didn't want to wake him to ask his name since I didn't know how he'd react, so I waited by unpacking more of my things.

It was already dark when I finished putting my things away, and my roommate was still asleep. I laid down on my bed and looked at my phone to see if anyone had messaged me in the past three hours.

Hoseok-hyung
Hey, I'm sorry about earlier
today. I was getting a little
protective because it's your
first day. Please don't be mad
at me.
(18:05)

Me
You have nothing to be
sorry for. I should be
thanking you for caring
about me so much. I could
never be mad at you for
being an amazing best
friend.
(Seen at 20:34)

I looked over to see if my roommate was still asleep, but instead, he was sitting straight up also on his phone. I continued to look at him and wondered if I should ask him his name or pretend I hadn't noticed he was awake. By then it was too late to choose the latter as he was now looking at me too. I couldn't help but look away nervously, and hope he'd forget about it. Which of course he didn't.

"Can I help you?" He asked. Avoiding looking at him, I asked for his name.

"Chae Hyungwon. I'm a second-year if that's your next question."

"I actually forgot about what Hoseok and Kihyun had said earlier. About you not being a first year. Speaking of them, I hope that bringing them was okay. I know that probably wasn't the best first impression of me, but hopefully, you can overlook that?"

"Do you always talk this much? I don't even know your name yet." He responded shortly.

"Oh gosh. Sorry. Im Changkyun." I replied feeling stupid for how much I spoke.

"Changkyun." He said as if to familiarize himself with it.