Chapter 20

3RD PERSON

Atsushi twists and turns around the bed trying to go back to sleep but the feeling of discomfort keeps him awake so he had no choice but to wake up. Upon opening his eyes, he turns over to the side to realize Akutagawa wasn't there.

Where the hell is he? Atsushi headed downstairs to find him but only to see Lucy and Ranpo at the couch, all eyes on the screen of their laptop.

"Where are they?" Atsushi asks.

"Out there killing people—" Lucy immediately cups Ranpo's mouth.

"We can't let him know..."

"Ranpo, tell me what it is all about."

"They're—" But before Ranpo can even finish his speech, Lucy cuts him off by putting a lollipop on his mouth.

"Whatever, I'm leaving!" Atsushi storms his way out to the door but Lucy was fast enough to block the door.

"No, Atsushi you can't go!" Lucy says.

"And why can't I?!"

"Because we promise Akutagawa that we'll keep you safe here," Lucy explains.

"Wait, so Akutagawa and the others are out there to kill Michizou?!"

"Exactly—"

"What the hell?! And you guys let them be?!" Atsushi yells in anger. He tried to push Lucy away from the door but she didn't let him. While Atsushi is occupied with Lucy, Ranpo took the opportunity to grab him and handcuffs his hands.

"Why are you guys doing this?"

"We need to keep an eye out on you..." Ranpo says.

"You'll be safe with us," Lucy added, then turned to her cousin. "Bring him to his room. I'll be at the couch to keep an eye out on the telephone just in case they call."

The latter nodded and carried Atsushi like a sack of potato all the way upstairs then headed to his room.

"Damn it, Ranpo!" Atsushi cusses as soon as the older one settles him on the bed.

"This is for your sake." Ranpo peeks out the window before closing the heavy curtain altogether.

Minutes pass and Ranpo turns to his side to see Atsushi trying to pick the handcuff so he immediately takes the pin away.

"Stop being cocky!"

"Whatever!" Atsushi rolled his eyes and his gaze landed at the kitchen. An idea clicks on his mind making him smirk then turns to the younger.

"Ranpo..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm hungry..."

"So?"

"I haven't eaten breakfast yet." Atsushi fakes a frown.

"Really? Okay I'll just go downstairs and get some pancakes." Ranpo put the laptop away and went downstairs. He returns to the room holding a plate of pancakes half soaked by the maple syrup.

"Here."

"How am I supposed to eat?"

"I'll feed you."

"Nuh uh, I can feed myself."

"And how are you supposed to do that?"

"Remove my handcuffs."

"Hell nah! You're going to escape."

"I won't," Atsushi pleads. "Trust me..."

Ranpo sighs and takes out the keys for it. Once his wrists are free, Atsushi pins the older down and handcuffs him.