Love Actually #1: Toni and List

Toni sat on her living room couch, decked out in the outfit she wore the day when she wore when she first met him. It was a white tank top, dark blue harem pants, and black combat boots. She was eating French vanilla ice cream and sitting on the large couch in her cozy living room. On the TV screen, was Bumblebee dropping the rings on Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Whiteley characters as they separated from their kiss. She cried as she watched the scene and told herself ‘No one’s gonna love you like that T.’

Her door suddenly burst open and she shrieked as she fell of the couch in surprise ‘Holy mother of heavenly black forest cake’

Her stupid best friend burst into laughter as he jumped over the couch and landed with a thump. She sat up from her position on the ground and blew her hair out of her face. He reached a hand out to her and pulled her up to the couch. ‘Wassup T?’ he asked as if he hadn’t just nearly made her choke on or worse pour her ice cream on herself…what a waste of good ice cream.

She whacked his arm and put her tilting bowl of ice cream right. ‘Ow…violent much Ninny?’ he asked. ‘What did I tell you about calling me that List?’ she shot back as she let her head fall back.

‘Wow, something must really be wrong…you didn’t attack me like you’ve been doing for the past 5 years, every time I call you that. What’s really up Nin?’ he asked. The tears sprang back to her eyes anew when she thought about her current predicament.

‘Hey, hey Nin, what’s going on…and I thought you had your graduation ceremony today? You know you’re kind of supposed to be present for your own grad ceremony right? And besides, I wanted to get up and cheer and yell ‘Holy cheese balls, my little fudge cake is growing up!’ The boy had graduated a few years before, even though there was only a year between them.

She laughed a little and he pulled her head onto his shoulder and said ‘There’s something you ain’t telling me Nin…tell me what it is. I have a feeling it is a secret I had no idea about’

‘”Ain’t” isn’t a word List’ she said. ‘Only you Nin…now, story. Don’t try to distract me’

‘Fine, fine’ she grumbled, but was secretly glad she got the chance to tell someone, finally.

+++

Antoine Evreux met Stefan Foster in her first year in high school. He was a freshman as well and they became good friends. Then she met Grace Evans in her second year and she became her first girl friend. Grace and Stefan hit it off and they finally admitted their feelings for each other over the summer of sophomore year when Antoine went to England for an internship. Antoine, meanwhile, had been harboring feelings for Stefan from the day they met, when he defended from some mean kids. She had had glasses then and was very small as result of being born prematurely. She was also very feisty, but being new had taken its toll on her personality and she was timid that day.

Stefan thought she was a quiet little thing and she found out that he had told all the guys in their school to back off her or else they would have to deal with him. Stefan was very intimidating with his size and was the mysterious, but dangerous type, so no one messed with him or his friends and Antoine was no exception. He was the first person to call her Toni, saying that Antoine was too long to say.