Finding Evie Part 3

Evie's left eyebrow arched in suspicion.

"Not human? Seriously? You couldn't come up with a better joke than that?" Evie's head shook slightly as she rolled her eyes. Asia frowned.

"I'm not joking."

"Okay, then you're crazy. But, nevertheless, you have me hooked. If I'm not human, what am I?"

Asia took in a deep breath. Her mother had told before she had leaped to the Forbidden Cities that there was a possibility that Evie could freak out and go crazy so Asia had to make sure that the timing was right.

"You're an elf." Evie's eyes widened, with intrigue. An ELF?! Like Buddy the elf? Or like Legolas?

"So you're either here to whisk me to the North Pole, or to New Zealand. Right?" Evie smirked.

Asia's eyebrows furrowed. HOW was she acting like this was funny? And WHAT was New Zealand?

"Um..." Asia started. "What's that? Anyway, we have to go. Now." She clasped her right hand over Evie's wrist and pulled her into a sunny, yet discreet corner of the school's courtyard.

"HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY! PLEA–" Evie called out, which made Asia take her left hand and clamp it over Evie's mouth.

"Don't worry," she assured, sheepish. "You're gonna be fine." Evie squirmed in Asia's strong grasp and watched as she pulled out a small silver stick. "Oh yeah, and don't forget to concentrate."

Concentrate? Wha–? Before Evie could even finish her thought, Asia had already yelled something like–Swan Park Ali?– and they disappeared, in a beam of light