Little Shiro & Keith: Groceries

"Shiro, Sweetie, I have to put the groceries. Give me a minute," Keith said in a calm voice, trying to put the food he bought away. Shiro had slipped into a baby headspace and was getting very fussy that Keith wasn't holding him.

Keith, being the 5'2 sixteen year old he was, could not reach the top shelve. He was trying to make sure Shiro wasn't going to fall out of his seat as well. He had put Shiro into light blue onesie with white dots like two minutes ago and was trying to make sure that the milk wasn't out for too long. Since they walked slowly back from the store to their house. Deciding not to take the car, horrible decision. He sighed as he set the bag of food down, giving Shiro a hug. Shiro calmed down and melted into the hug, finally taking a breath. The boy could cry till he couldn't breath at times.

"Baby, I might be able to kick someones butt when they threaten you. But I can't carry you on my hip-" Shiro whimpered at the statement, just wanting to be held by his Dada. "But once I get this at the top I'll put you on my back, alright?"

Shiro frowned as Keith pulled away but didn't start crying again. Instead he let Keith lay his back against the chair as Keith crawled onto the table in the middle of the room. He rolled up his red and pink baseball shirt and grabbed the bag. He put one foot on the counter and began to put the the rest of the food away. It wasn't too hard now that Keith could reach it. But if he fell, he was done for. It didn't help that Shiro was getting inpatient either.

"Hold on Buddy!" Keith said as Shiro started crying again. He put the last thing away and jumped onto to Shiro. "Now, are we going to stop crying now, Bubba? Don't worry, I'm here now. It's okay. Awe, come here Sweetie," Keith said, helping Shiro get onto his back. He held Shiro tightly and leaned forward so that Shiro wouldn't fall back. He quickly made his way over to the couch before sitting Shiro down. Shiro tried to reach out to Keith but Keith quickly moved him so that Shiro was laying on top of him.

"Is this okay?" Keith asked, cuddling Shiro closely. Shiro cooed in response and re-melted into Keith's touch. There was no one, no one, who could calm him down like Keith could.