Chapter One

Thank you so much for reading this, guys! It means a lot. :3

Okay, this isn't the most exciting chapter, but hopefully you'll like it anyway.

I promise Chapter 2 will be a lot more exciting.

And there's a picture of Penélope Cruz on the sidebar thingy because she's what I imagine the Spanish girl to look like, just so you have some sort of idea in your heads. x)

Chapter 1:

She was just lying on the ground in the cave. Her face was half covered by her hair and she appeared to be sleeping.

I slowly edged closer to her. “Excuse me?” I asked, “Are you okay?” No response. I knelt down next to her and tried again, speaking slightly louder this time. I was getting pretty worried by this point. I shook her gently; still no response.

I put my fingers to her neck and felt for a pulse. Luckily, her heart was in fact still beating. I could hear her breathing softly. I shook her again; she still didn’t respond.

“Guys!” I shouted, and waited for someone. Nobody came.

I took a moment to look at the girl properly. She looked like she was around 16 or 17 years old, definitely no older than 18, and she was pretty; very pretty. She had golden-brown hair that went a little past her shoulders. Her skin was covered with a faint tan, but it was natural, not like the horrible fake orange “tans” you see most girls wearing these days.

I carefully moved some of her hair out of her face and saw that there was some blood on her forehead. I started to panic.

“GUYS!” I shouted, more desperately than the last time.

After a few minutes, Harry came running down to me. “I heard you shouting, what happened? Are you-” he stopped when he saw the girl next to me. “Who’s she?”

I shook my head. “I don’t know. I was walking around and I just found her here.” Everything started to become blurry as my eyes slowly filled with tears.

“Is she… You know…” He timidly stepped nearer to us, his curls covering most of his face.

I knew what he meant. Dead. “No, she’s just unconscious.”

“Okay, good.”

At that moment, Liam appeared. “Louis, I heard you shouting. What’s-” just like Harry, he stopped mid-sentence when he saw the girl next to me. “Is she alive..?” he whispered.

I nodded, “Yeah, she’s alive. She’s just unconscious.”

“Okay, good.”

This conversation was repeated again when Niall came down, and again when Zayn finally arrived.

We looked at the girl. We were silent for what felt like years, before Niall suddenly spoke. “What are we going to do?”

“I don’t know.” Liam said. “We can’t just leave her here, but we can’t exactly take her home either.”

“Why can’t we take her home? Where else can she go?” I said protectively. She seemed so young and innocent, we couldn’t just abandon her. I could never live with that on my conscience.

Zayn sighed, “Lou, we don’t know this girl. For all we know, she could be a murderer.”

“Look at her. Do you really think that’s the face of a murderer? She’s just a girl!” I cried. I looked at Harry for help. If anyone was going to back me up with this, it would be him.

Harry sighed, “Okay, how about we take her home and look after her until she wakes up. We can talk to her, find out who she is and where she’s from and then take her somewhere else where she can stay?”

Liam nodded, “I guess we could do that. Come on, let’s get back to the car and we can talk about it with Paul.”

I carefully picked the girl up and we walked out of the caves. I walked behind everyone else; I didn’t want the first thing Paul saw was me carrying a girl I didn’t know. Liam, Niall and Zayn greeted Paul, while Harry waited behind with me.

Paul turned to look and Harry and I; his eyes immediately travelled to the girl. “Who’s she?” he asked accusingly.

“I don’t know. I found her unconscious in the caves.” I said.

Paul didn’t look impressed, but Harry came to the rescue. “We were wondering… Would it be okay if we took her back home with us? Only until she wakes up. Then we can find out who she is and where she’s from, and then we can take her to someone who can help her.”

Paul considered this for a moment. He nodded. “Okay, I guess that’s fair.”

We all crammed into the car and began the journey home.

Sorry for the rubbish ending. I never know how to end chapters. x)

But anyway, Chapter 2 will probably be up some time this week or next week, and it will be a lot more interesting than this one. We'll get to find out who the girl is! ;D

Thanks for reading. I love you all.

<3