Ostensible Unsightly Part 1 (Miniminter)

Start from the beginning

Freya huffed, pointing at the outfit with her long purple fake nails. Reagan had her 'party outfit' in her hands. An outfit she wore to every party she was invited to.

It was a nice outfit, just very bland

It was a nice outfit, just very bland. An outfit you wouldn't normally see a girl of her age. They normally go for a short dress, or an even shorter skirt. Which wasn't really her style. Reagan's style consisted in jeans, Shirts, dungarees and hoodies. Unlike Freya and Katie, who favour the classic 16 year old girl look. Makeup, fashion and hair care. Not that Reagan didn't totally care about those things, she just cared considerably less.

"Why not? It's my party outfit"

Freya rolled her eyes, zipping up her dress. Reagan got dressed, the trio now up and ready to go.

The three had been mingling at the party for about 10 minutes.

"Come on Reagan, come dance with us"

Katie begged, slightly tipsy thanks to the alcohol now in her system. Reagan grimaced at the thought, politely shaking her head. Earning a groan and a disapproving look from the girls.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, want anything?"

The girls shook their heads. Reagan made her way through the large group of people, dodging the lip smacking couples, the underage drunks and the slaggy dancers. Finally arriving at the snack table, she hovered her hands over the top of the snacks, before deciding on one of the only breadsticks that had yet to be broken.

"Excuse me sir. Oh no, it's just Reagan"

Rolling her eyes, she turned around, now facing the smug smirk belonging to her neighbour.

Simon Minter.

"Oh thank goodness Simon, I was worried you weren't going to be here"

She smiled sarcastically. Earning a sarcastic 'haha' of the boy.

Now, let me explain Simon's relationship with Reagan. It started when the both were 3. Reagan was forced by her parents, to welcome the new people in town. But more specifically, the new people next door. The Minter family.

Simon, being Reagan's age, was forced to be friendly with him. The type of friends that share baths and prams. They were the type of friends that didn't want to be apart. Always wanting to be around each other.

However, as soon as Maddison came into the picture, things changed. Simon and Maddison met in year 7, quickly becoming the on and off couple of the year group. Reagan became less and less upset about the abandonment, considering soon after that, she met Freya and Katie. Completely forgetting the once great friendship.

Now, the only times they interact, despite being neighbours, are the little sarcastic comments or the slight nudge delivered to the shoulder in the corridor.