Chapter IV- Sometimes its better to Believe the Lie

POV: Amity

I paced out in the waiting room of the hospital. My father and Ms. Clawthorne sat in the chairs. "Calm down Amity." My father said, "A Blight must..."

"Shut up." I told my father cutting him off and right now I didn't care. "Luz is hurt because I was afraid that you and Mom will think less of me." I began to tear up.

Mr. Grace set a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him. His hood still shadowed his face in complete darkness. I know how he felt but for him. It's one thousand times worse.

**Flashback**

"What Happened?" Mr. Grace asked looking over Luz.

"I-I don't k-know. I came of the bathroom and found her here. She made a few groans and shifted in the shadows or I might not of even seen her." I said.

Mr. Grace pulled off his hood. And that was when I saw his face for the first time in the three years I've known him. He has Pitch Black hair and his eyes a dark Purple both seemed to bend the light in the room sucking it in like a black hole they then shifted to silver and then back to purple. I swear I recognized him somehow. Like I have seen him recently, very recently but how... Oh my God. I grabbed Luz's phone and unlocked it. What I saw angered me to my core. Luz managed to get a photo of Matt and Alexis as they left her here.

We heard more foot steps. "Dad!" I yelled and he looked over at me and ran over.

"What on earth happened?" He asked

"Alexis and Matt that's what happened." I said.

I looked the phone for more photos and found the one I wanted. Luz her, birth mom, Her adopted mom, a girl with pitch black hair and dark eyes and next to her was... Luz's father. She showed us this yesterday. Said its one of the only ones she has of him. But that photo was not just her dad. It was Mr. Grace.

I'll figure this out later. I got up and walked down the hall, "Amity where are you..." I looked back at my father his sentence falling short. I then continued. They both had homeroom with Willow in room 110.

I walked up to the door and knocked. Mrs. Luminous opened it, "Oh Amity how may I help you?" she asked but I ignored her and pushed past her into the class. I walked towards Matt and Alexis who sat next to each other.

"Oh he-" Matt's sentence was cut short when my fist connected to the side of his jaw knocking him off his chair. Alexis stood but my fist to her stomach sent her to her knees. Everyone stared at me.

"If you two or Boscha come near Luz ever again. I'm ending you." I said in a calm voice as tears pricked my eyes. I turned and stormed out of the class. Mr. Grace had his hood back on and he was carrying Luz towards the entrance my father and Ms. Clawthorne in tow.

I walked up next to my father and followed them. "Did you?" My father asked. I nodded. He looked like he was in thought for a moment. "Cant blame you. I suppose." An Ambulance was outside.

**End Flashback**

"Mr. Grace." I said "Your..."

"Yes." He said. "And you'll speak no more of it. I'll tell you more in due time." I nodded.

"Oh... Okay..." I said. I know Mr. Grace had a wife. I knew a lot of things about him. He's talked about having a daughter once or twice. But to think it's Luz. Maybe I shouldn't know this info but I wanted to know more.
The doctor came out and walked towards us "She is alright. Beat up and bruised. A few broken bones, but she will be fine in do time." He said. "She is awake but she asked only for Amity." He looked at me then to the others. "The rest can go in a few minutes."

I followed the doctor to Luz's room. She was sitting up in her bed with a Juice box. When she saw me she smiled weakly. I walked over to her and sat next her.

"Amity... I wanna tell you something but you have to promise to keep it a secret. You can't tell anyone no matter what." She said, "Please Promise me."

"I promise Luz. I'll never tell a soul." I said.

"Swear on River Styx?" She asked weakly.

I smiled remembering the river Hecate and Azura swore to there friendship on. It was a binding oath in Greek mythology. "I swear on River Styx to not tell a soul living or dead unless you want me to." I said.

Luz mumbled something I couldn't here.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm the Author..." She said. I raised an eyebrow unsure of what she meant but my mind slowly putting it together as she spoke. "I'm the author of "The Good Witch Azura.""

My jaw hung open. I pieced it together. Her birth mom died 7 years ago. "The Good Witch Azura" Started 5 and a half years ago. L.N. Clawthorne. Luz Noceda Clawthorne. She took her Adopted mother's last name on her book but not in reality. That's why it threw people off.

After gaining my senses back I smiled. "Thank you." I said and she looked at me questioningly. "For trusting me enough to tell me."

She smiled at me. "Always." She said.

For a few minutes we sat in silence. "Amity," She said, "Can you open this?" She held out the box. I smiled and took it sticking the straw into it and holding it out to her. She reached out for the box but took my arm. I looked at her and smiled I set the box on the table to slid my hand into hers. It felt right. What happened next? Was it a blessing? A curse? A miracle? She pulled to her and then smashed her lips to mine in a kiss. After a moment she pulled away and looked at me. Her face searching for something.

Me I was stunned no scratch that I was broken. She kissed me she actually kissed me. "Amity?" She asked. I blinked. "I-I'm sorry I-I should..." I cut her off by bringing her libs to mine in another kiss of which she happily returned.

____________________________________

1080 words. Nearly 40 more that last time between my spelling fixes, and the edits to make it flow more. Enjoy Amigos.