"Ready to cheer me on in practice after school today?" Oikawa smirks.

"Sorry I won't be there."

"What?" he whines, "Why not?"

"I only need to write about official matches and some practice matches. then on days when you aren't doing any of that, I just write on something else."

The two boys looked disappointed that you wouldn't be there, but understood.

When you got to school, you explained that you had to go get a charger for your camera from the club manger. Iwaizumi and Oikawa started roaming around campus, since they were early.

"Hey!" they heard behind them.

They stopped to wait for Mattsun and Makki to catch up to them.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Mattsun asked as Makki snickered next to him.

"She's not my-"

"Oh really 'Iwa'" Oikawa said in a higher pitched voice, to imitate what you called him that morning.

The other two 3rd years smiled smugly as Iwaizumi groaned with his hands on his face.

"She really called you that?" Makki asked.

Oikawa nodded and continued.

"He wasn't even mad about it either."

"Awwww Iwaizumi's a softy."

"SHUT UP! AND YOU TOO SHITTYKAWA!"

"He wouldn't do that if (Y/n)-chan was here." Oikawa mumbled under his breath.

"What was that!?"

"Nothing Iwa-chan! Come on I'm sure (Y/n)-chan is dying to see you."

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and followed his energetic friend to class. On the way there, they were stopped by a group of girls who had gifts for Oikawa. They praised him for his good work at the game yesterday while he pretended to act humble, accepting each of their gifts.

Iwaizumi stood behind them all with an impatient look on his face. It's not that he wants fan girls. In fact, he would despise being bombarded like that every day. But he still can't help from feeling jealous of his friend. He never got as much praise as Oikawa.

"Oikawa you're like the BEST volleyball player ever! Your sets are PERFECT!" one of the girls squealed.

"Aww thanks," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, "but they'd be useless without my Iwa-chan there to hit them."

He looked over at Iwaizumi and smiled. A couple of the girls glanced over before going back to praising Oikawa.

Iwaizumi softly smiled at his friend. Oikawa always made sure Iwaizumi felt at least somewhat appreciated.

He kept the smile on his face for a bit, until you came up next to him.

"Your smile is nice." you said calmly.

He flinched and stumbled back, not expecting you to be next to him.

"(Y/n)-chan! Sorry I didn't see you there."

"Oh sorry, I guess I kinda snuck up on you there."

You started to look oddly at Oikawa and all his fan girls, while Iwaizumi finally comprehended what you had said to him. He blushed at the thought of you complimenting him. 

Before he could get the chance to thank you, Oikawa noticed you.

"(Y/n)-chan!" he yelled before embracing you.

Iwaizumi pushed him off of you, with a hint of jealousy. The fan girls however, had much more than a hint of jealousy.

"Who are you?" one of the snapped, as the other girls looked at you judgeingly.

"Ladies, ladies please. This is just my friend (Y/n)-chan! She's new so I kinda took her under my wing."

You and Iwaizumi rolled your eyes at this comment, but the girls loved it.

"You're so nice Oikawa!"

"He has so much pity!"

"He's adorable!"

Oikawa laughed along with their compliments before the girls walked away to their own classes. Iwaizumi looked like he was about to say something to you, but was interrupted by another boy.

"(L/n)-san, there's a meeting for journaling club. I've already told your teacher where you'll be, come on!"

You waved the boys goodbye as you followed your fellow club member.

Iwaizumi didn't even try to hide his emotions from Oikawa. He just smiled and stared at you as you went. Oikawa began to tease.

"Ohhh ho ho you really don't even-"

"She said my smile was nice."

Oikawa looked at Iwaizumi, who was still looking in the direction you left and smiling. Oikawa laughed and patted his friend on the back.

"The girl has taste."

Iwaizumi walked to class with his best friend, not dropping the soft smile from his face.

///