its a flower

the dream smp

the dream smp. a work of... art?

it was something, riley was sure of that.

it wasn't much yet. dream had visions and so did everybody else in the smp, which was actually a good amount of people. riley was surprised, she didn't realize they had that many friends. most of them she hadn't met yet, but they all seemed nice enough.

"do you want me to help build your house too?" clay asks, a few hours after the stream ended.

riley is half asleep, her words slurred bad garbled. clays tired too, though not as much as her.

"don't wanna house." she mutters, eyes half shut as her head leans forward, falling and just slightly snapping her out of her daze before she goes right back into it.

"you don't want a house?" clay asks softly, receiving a hum in response, "we could live together, if you want?"

"in the same house?" riley mutters, "i wan' that. we do that."

clay giggles in response, "we do that," he nods, "we do that."

riley hums in response, the voice call going silent except for bads occasionally humming as he builds.

bad is nice. really, really nice. riley likes him. he's the kind of break she needs from the constant bullying of the dreamteam boys. he's a soft spoken, well mannered boy who only wants to make people happy. even only knowing him for a few hours, riley knows they're gonna be good friends. he just gives off those vibes.

"ri?" clay asks softly, voice barely above a whisper.

he gets a soft snore in response, almost making him melt into his socks. god, why's she so cute? everything she does, it's all just so adorable. clay isn't entirely sure how one girl can be so cute, so funny, so smart, and so stupid at the same time. he doesn't know, but he loves her for it.

his breathing catches in his throat as he leans back in his chair, eyes wide as he stares at the screen.

he... fucking whats her?

that... came out of nowhere, what the hell?

"bad?" clay questions, voice small, akin to that of a child.

bad hums in response, his mouse clicks peeking over the silence every now and then.

"i'm fucked, aren't i?"

"language," bad laughs, going silent for a moment before whispering a, "yeah, you are."

dreamteam baby

riley simp
help

gorge
why?

riley simp
name
i
help

gorge
what does name mean?

snapchat
HES SIMPING

gorge
OH
SIMP
SIMP
SIMP

snapchat
SIMP SIMP SIMP
DREAM IS A SIMP

riley simp
stop
not helping
i don't know how to talk to girls
i don't want to fuck this up

snapchat
just talk to her normally man
it's worked so far right

gorge
for once i agree with sapnap

riley simp
ok
yeah sure ok
but if it fucks everything up
i'm blaming both of you

gorge
no

snapchat
yeah i agree with gorge

gorge
gOrGe

snapchat
oh shut up
it's ur name
and i'm gonna call u it

gorge
it's not my name!

riley simp
GUYS
Stop fighting

snapchat
geez ok dad

riley simp
i'm going to bed

gorge
goodnight dream

snapchat
simp

goodnight dad

gorge
simp

riley simp
GOODNIGHT BOTH OF YOU

clay rolls his eyes as he gets into bed, patches coming up to him to cuddle in his chest. he sighs softly into the cats fur, his breath shakier than usual.

"i have her a flower, patches," he mutters softly, eyes shut as he plays with the animals ear, "she kept it in her hand the whole time."

he felt like a schoolboy. talking to his cat about a girl he had a crush on. giving her dandelions at recess, just like he had done so many years ago. who thought it would be the same girl all these years later? certainly not clay.

riley, on the other hand, was fast asleep in her bed many states away.

she had woken up briefly, hopefully leaving the call. honestly, she wasn't sure. she just heard clay telling her to go to sleep, and she went. peaches was cuddled in her arms, a blanket over both of them.

she thought it was nice that clay had waited for her to wake up, fucking his own sleep schedule up even more. riley thought that clay was nice. really nice. maybe she'd cry over how nice he is, again. she probably would, to be honest.

she stirred slightly, letting out a groan as her phone lit up the room.

she reaches for it and flips it over, returning to cuddling her cat.

whoever it is can wait, she was dreaming about clay.

---- --- -- --- ----

hate this chapter, didn't really know what to write but wanted to get something out. hopefully it's ok?

anyways i think i have an idea for next chapter but i guess we'll just have to see

also i really love seeing the names of the reading lists the story is put on some oft them are so fucking funny it makes my day