A Whisker in Time {2}

Start from the beginning

"Come in." Chuuya said.

When they got to Chuuya's room, Kyouka spotted a plate full of fast food. "You didn't tell me you already had a lunch." She pouted.

"Oh it's not mine, it's the cat's"

Huh!?!

"You're feeding the cat all of that, while you starve yourself?"

"He stole that food."

"So the cat stole food to give to you, but you're giving it to the cat instead? Am I hearing this right?" Still carrying Dazai, she crossed her arms.

Can't breathe! Dazai tried to break free.

"I don't want to eat food he stole from other people, but I also think it was a waste to throw away, so he could eat it." He smiled.

Feeding me food that's already been in the trash? Dazai then stopped struggling. Or maybe he was actually throwing the bag away and I just didn't see him take the food out... Dazai smiled.

"We should eat." Kyouka said.

"You didn't have lunch yet?"

"The food I gave you was my lunch, I just brought it with me so we could share." She smiled.

The three ate together, Dazai was relieved Chuuya was less depressed, he and Kyouka talked and laughed, but Dazai could tell Chuuya was forcing it.

It worried him at how believable it was. Just how much have you gone through for you to be so good at hiding you're pain?

The week ended and there was only two weeks left until summer had ended.

Dazai laid in bed, Chuuya was finally done with summer school. I wonder... Dazai yawned. The time I spent with him, he barely talked about... actually I haven't the faintest idea why he even likes me... Dazai got up and jumped onto Chuuya's desk, he pushed around the diary and dropped it on the floor.

Damn these paws! Dazai growled.

Chuuya walked in the room and saw the mess. "Ah!" Chuuya picked it up and looked up and patted Dazai. "Curious?" Chuuya chuckled.

Dazai nodded.

"Just don't tell him okay?" He smiled.

Chuuya picked up the cat and placed him on his lap as he sat down, Dazai noticed the bandages on Chuuya's arm, and started licking it.

"Ah! Th-that kinda stings." Chuuya awkwardly laughed.

Shit! I'd don't even know I was doing that! Gross! Dazai froze.

Chuuya placed down his book, and pointed at the picture in it. "This guy is Dazai, he lives in the house behind mine."

Really? Dazai sarcastically stared.

Chuuya hugged the cat. "I sort of have feelings for him..." he shyly said.

No? Really? Dazai acted surprised.

"I guess I started liking him back in middle school..."

Middle school!?!

Chuuya continued. "He had everything I wished I had, confidence, a complete family, friends to depend on, basically people who showered him with love. At first it was admiration and envy, but as I watched him more and more from the sidelines, I guess I fell for that quirky personality of his and bright smile... cuz his smiles are real."

Ba-thump.

Dazai felt his heart race, as he blushed. No one has ever complimented me like that... it has always been about my looks, but this guy hasn't even mentioned that.