29 ᯾ Study Camp ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ

Depuis le début

"Well.." The red head sweat dropped as he remembered the words that the president had told him a while back. "Let's just say, I was forced into taking care of you."

"By Teru-san?"

"Yeah."

"It can't be helped." Y/n shrugged before letting out a small smile. "Akane-kun, my arms feel pretty weak right now.. would you be so kind to-?"

"There we go." Y/n grumbled as Akane gave her the box, not even making the girl finish her sentence. The boy smirked before making his way to the table and getting his box.

"Let's go."

"Fine..."

"And what Aoi said earlier... The reaper is number six?"

"And what about number six?" Y/n popped her head out. Her brows furrowed when seeing the familiar ombré-haired girl standing on the stairs. "Ah, Nene-chan."

"Y/n-chan! Akane-kun!" Nene's eyes widened when seeing the two students emerge from the dark hallway. "Y/n-chan, I haven't seen you for the whole day!"

"I got some student council work to do." Y/n grumbled as she looked down at the box. "Not only that, but tons of students are getting themselves into trouble today..."

"I see." Nene's eyes sparkled as she looked at Akane. "Akane-kun-"

"My heart is already taken." Akane gave Nene a serious look as he raised his hand as a sign of disapproval. "Sorry."

Y/n sweat dropped. "I don't think that was what she was trying to say." Nene nodded in agreement as she looked at Akane with a disturbed look. "That's right!"

"So, Nene-chan—" Before the H/c-haired girl could continue her sentence, she stopped midway when hearing the familiar sound once again.

The sound of a flute echoed the dim hallway. Y/n looked over Nene's shoulder, where she assumed it was coming from. Though, there wasn't anything at all.

"Y/n-chan, do you also hear it?!" Nene shrieked. She then went closer to the girl and held her hand tightly, a fearful expression on her face as she scanned the hallway.

Akane's brows furrowed. "What is it?"

"We can hear a flute playing," Y/n stated as she watched the red head take off his glasses, which had the spell to make the boy unable to see supernaturals.

"But I don't see anything—?"

Akane spoke too soon.

After he said those words, a head with a hollow face gave them a smile as it floated from the floor.

Y/n scrunched her nose as she looked at it. What the heck is this thing? she thought while subtly pulling Nene behind her.