26 ᯾ Daydream ᵖᵃʳᵗ ˢⁱˣ

"You're..." Mei's eyes widened as she looked at the apparition on top of her. "The picture I drew?"

She gulped. "Am I going to die...?"

"I am aware of all the sufferings you have to deal with," Shijima stated as she recalled all the days back when she was still alive. "Your anxiety, your fears, all your sleepless nights.. I've always been by your side."

"Even then, you'd trust that the future you wanted would come... But it won't."

"You're destined to die—"

Y/n quickly pulled the apparition away from Mei out of spite, although the brunette never even budged. Y/n glared at Shijima. "How can you just say those things? Why the heck are you saying those mean things to her?!"

Shijima gave Y/n a sharp look. She then shoved her away from them, making sure the girl wouldn't interrupt what she was about to do.

"Please stop getting in the way, you don't even understand any of this."

Y/n frowned. "Let's see about that."

Shijima looked down at her. "I don't really care whether you're part of the school mysteries or not. Either way, supernaturals and humans will never come to understand each other."

"I must..."

"I will—"

"... Protect this girl."

"— save you, Y/n-chan."

Y/n's breath hitched as she found Shijima raising the knife once again. She stood up, her hand held out to grab her arm. "Stop it!"

The knife impaled the table. Y/n's eyes widened to see Mei with a grin on her face. She had barely dodged the knife.

"Well, that was close, wasn't it?"

I thought I was gonna see tons of blood today! Y/n mentally cried as she looked at Mei in relief. Thank goodness, she managed to dodge it in time!

"Take this!" Mei flipped the school mystery over, which genuinely shocked Y/n– like, wasn't she sick or something? Where did she gain the strength to even manage to carry someone?

"It seems that you really..." Mei poked the apparition's nose teasingly. "Really like me, huh?" she beamed.

"What." Shijima stared at the girl, dumbfounded.

Suddenly, the room started rumbling. Rocks and dusts started falling from the ceiling. Y/n sweat dropped as Mei ran towards her. "Let's go!"

"Wai—" Shijima sat up. "Why are you running away?! I did this all for sake, but you still insist on refusing?!"