20: Frustration and Jealousy

Warning: the chapter ahead may contain Bakugou being very OOC.

(I say may contain because even I'm not sure if it's OOC or not)

Enjoy!

•▪¤▪•

Bakugou had been quite frustrated for the past few days, a lot had happened, he still blamed himself for All might's retirement, talking about it doesn't make the guilt suddenly dissappear after all. There was also this feeling that he was falling behind, people in his class were already getting internships, Kirishima had even made his first impression as a hero while he was still stuck doing remedial classes with Todoroki.

He really needed a break to get rid of this frustration so when Kirishima asked him to come to the fair with him, claiming that the two of them rarely ever got a chance to hang out these days and he couldn't go with the rest of the Baku squad because they were all going home, he just had to agree.

They had made a plan to leave at 6:30 so at the stipulated time the two boys left the 1-A dorms for the fair with Kirishima talking animatedly about his internship and a senior from 3rd year named Tamaki Amajiki who was interning at Fat gum's agency with him while Bakugou walked beside him with a uninterested, neutral look on his face even though he was listening intently.

They reached the fair and Kirishima immediately started dragging him to multiple stalls, eating, playing. Bakugou had made it his personal mission to totally obliterate Kirishima in every game they tried their hands on, he was enjoying it more than the had thought he would. Agreeing to come to the fair was turning out to be a very good decision on his part.

The duo was enjoying some spicy yakisoba when a couple dressed in pink caught Bakugou's attention, he couldn't see their faces but he was pretty sure that one of them had long green hair. He suddenly had an urge to follow them but before his eyes could see where they were going they had already dissappeared in the crowd. He quickly finished the rest of his food in one mouthful and started tugging Kirishima with him into the crowd.

"Whoa Bakubro! You could have atleast waited for me to finish!" Kisrishima said, swallowing the last bit of yakisoba in his mouth.

"Tch, just follow shitty hair." He grumbled. Kirishima was slightly shocked at his sudden change in mood but it was Bakugou he was with, anything could happen so he didn't pay much thought to it.

Bakugou spotted the pair again, this time at a cloth stall. He pulled Kirishima to a Ningyo Sukui (toy scooping) stall few stalls away from them.

"Why did you bring us here bro ?" He asked, clearly confused.

"I thought we could win some small souvenirs for the others." He said with a barely noticeable pout, this was the first excuse that came to his head.

"Aww Bakubro! That is a very manly idea. I knew you cared about the Baku squad!" Kirishima gushed, easily buying his excuse.

The payed the stall owner and started trying to scoop out the toys floating in the water, it had anime and hero theamed toys. Kirishima had scooped out an Elekid for Kaminari, he was originally going for the Pikachu but a kid was trying so hard for that toy that he couldn't bring himself to take it. He then proceeded to take out a cute chibi Majin Buu for Mina and was finally trying to take out a chibi Spider-man figurine for Sero. He was too concentrated in the game to notice that Bakugou wasn't really paying attention, he was still trying to get out the first toy, a Cyndaquil, half his attention was focused at the cloth stall.

He managed to pick the toy, the couple finally turned from the cloth stall, now donning matching complementary haoris. He fianally saw their faces, he had only suspected that it could have been Ikuyu but that was confirmed now, it was Ikuyu and his friend and they were holding hands while chatting happily. Bakugou was too distracted to set aside the toy, it wetness dripping on to the paper, soaking it through. Plop! That was the sound of the toy falling back into the water, it was also the symbolic sound of Bakugou's heart sinking into a pit.