9:Saving lives and buying coffees

I apologise for the late update, my writing game hasn't been on point lately and also been busy with some moving stuff  (I'm finally moving out of my shared bedroom with my brother and getting my own bedroom; same house different floor), adding my newly borrowed Netflix account into that mix, writing got much harder than I anticipated.

On with the chapter now...

•▪¤▪•

Ikuyu was walking down the street, earphones stuffed only in one ear, the 'This is Troy Sivan' play list from Spotify playing on shuffle. He wasn't really paying attention to the lyrics or the song playing or the noise of traffic entering from the other ear, his mind was too occupied with their second meeting at the beach and the UA Sports festival.

A little over two weeks had passed since the incident at the beach and ever since that day things have been really .. different between Ikuyu and Bakugou. Unlike the way he blew up the moment he saw him, Bakugou had now started quietly walking away instead and as for Ikuyu, he would never willing seek out any form of interaction with the explosive male but that didn't mean that he wasn't painfully aware of the fact that he was avoiding him.

Things were relatively quiet between them and Ikuyu wasn't really sure if it was because of that night at the beach or because Bakugou was focused on only and only his training for the sports festival. Neither had he stopped to consider if what he was now feeling was releaf or was he internally missing having Bakugou's attention.

They had gone for two weeks straight without exchanging a single word, until the day of the sports festival when Bakugou had openly threatened or challenged him outside the 1-A waiting room, his exact words being- "Just because you don't want to be a hero doesn't mean that I don't want to fucking crush you. See me in the fights and I'm going to blast you into shreads!". Whatever it was it pushed Ikuyu to actually try to compete. He had initially thought of just get disqualified in the preliminary round without putting much of a fight but what Bakugou said forced him to push his limits, it made him want to actually fight him and show him that even though he didn't want to be a Hero, we wasn't weak by any means.

The fight couldn't really happen though, he finished 38th in the obstacle race, he even forced Shinso to not use mind control and actually form a team and qualified the cavalry battle. He did the best he could but he couldn't get his fight with Bakugou. First round, the fight was over the moment it started, cleanly finished by Iida as he dragged him out of the ring, Bakugou on the other hand won.

The sports festival was three days ago, now all the Hero course students were already on the first day of there internships with the pros, the support courses and business studies course students had workshops and internships of their own. The school wasn't going to continue classes for just one course and all the Heroes had to handle their own interns so the General course were basically on a week long break.

Ikuyu would have happily spent the week casually reading or writing at home but after getting a lecture about responsibility and getting his butt off the couch and being threatened about her making him do all the house chores, he decided to take up a week long part time job at a small cafe that was currently short on workers.

While Ikuyu had his head in the clouds multiple things happened around him that he couldn't notice. A man was walking his dog while also on a phone call on his Bluetooth device, the dog saw a squirrel across the street, it lunged at him setting of a series of effect into motion like a domino. The owner was caught off guard which caused the leash to slip out of his hands. The dog ended up running on the street, the driver in the car coming at him swivelled to avoid hitting the dog but ended up crashing tangently into a speeding motorbike instead, the bike was sent skidding off its course and headed straight into Ikuyu's direction at and alarming speed.