Chapter 11: Battle Cries and Bungee Jumping

"Omg! You look amazing,Echo!"gushed Aqua.

"Damn right I do. Because you know why Aqua?
You know why?
Because I'm amazing and you're just, well, you." Echo replied, whilst admiring herself in the mirror.

Aqua scoffed,"Really Baby Yeti? Have you seen those eyebrows?!"

"Oh I have and they're better than your entire body will ever be!"

"Baby Yeti! Baby Yeti!" Aqua taunted, skipping around the room, while Echo thundered after her.

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME BABY YETI!!!"

We were currently in Echo and I's room, getting ready for the dance and Aqua and Echo were at it again, as usual.

"Guys, the whole campus can probably hear your whole conversation by the way you guys are yelling.

And I already have a headache, so I don't need you two adding to it!" Aria finished angrily from Echo's bed.

"Please, " I scoffed,"That wasn't a conversation, that was more like a bloody war cry.

If we're judging this, I'd say Echo has a better battle cry than you, Aqua."

"Listen Mud- cake, I could drown you before you can say 'mommy', so I suggest you shut your trap." Aqua tapped her foot, irritated.

"Ah, but you won't.

Because I'm a big part of this mission and I am also Queen of the land you so proudly stand on.

I could snap you in a second.

So I suggest that you shut your mouth, before you get Echo and I kicked out of our room." I finish firmly. 

"Echo." Aqua said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Tell me to slap her."

"What?!"

"Tell me to slap the smirk off her mud-caked face!"

"No! Aqua listen, you need to-"

Pain came searing through my face, as Aqua's palm lifted off.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I exploded.

Turning my vicious glare towards Aqua, I called upon the plants on our windowsill to wrap their leafy limbs over Aqua's arms and legs.

"THAT'S IT PLANT-GIRL!!! YOU'RE GOING DOWN!!!" Aqua screeched through her green cage.

Water whips engulfed me, as I struggled to breathe.

I pushed harder for the vines to tighten, at the same time, Aqua pushed for her whips.

Just when it looked like we were both going to suffocate, a flash of fire and air sliced through my vines, letting me succumb to the pain in my chains of water.  Then the fire and air combined burnt the water, dropping it out around me onto the ground.

I started to breathe before collapsing onto the carpet, smelling the sweet air.

"What were you both thinking?!"yelled a very agitated Echo.

I shrugged sheepishly and Aqua did the same.

"Isn't this what Ms.K said about us not turning on eachother?! We have to stay together, not go against each other! You!" Echo focused her gaze on Aqua.

"I guess I would expect this from you considering that you are a child in a 16 year- old's body and can never be serious.

You can't even handle having your own phone! Let alone any powers!"

"Hey!" Aqua yelled.

Then, Echo honed in on me.

Shaking her head, Echo continued, "But you,  Zola I would've never thought you would do that.

Especially as you're the damn queen of this kingdom, as you reminded Aqua!

Not everyone gets that. Aria, before she got a scholarship here, lived in a slum!

A slave-camp, where non-magics are totured with work as the punishment! She didnt even know she was part of a realm! And me! You wanna know why I have scars?! It's because everyone thought I was crazy, the madwoman of my town because of my powers.

So someone thought it was funny to leave knives swinging around my garden, so that if I tried to burn anything, it'd be myself and they sure were clever because it worked!!" Echo's voice cracked at the end.

I run to her side and embrace her, "Echo, you're not alone.

And you're right, we have to stick together and face evil together.

Not become evil ourselves." 

I stand up and face everyone in the room, "From now on, we treat eachother as sisters.

We have no secrets, no lies and no hurt.

To make sure of all of this, we will participate in Ligana Sanguinisi , a blood bind.

To be sure of one another, and that we'll be stronger together." I stand defiantly.  "So, who's with me?"

"I am."says Aria quietly, stepping forward.

"I am." Echo grabs my hand and gives it a grateful squeeze.

We all turn to look at expectantly at Aqua.

She rolls her eyes and smiles, "I guess I'm in."

"Now, let me get the book." I say grabbing the leather-bound tome.

I flip through the pages till I find the blood bind.

"Okay guys? Ready?" They all nod in confirmation.

Ego, fons vitae, et in terra, et interpellabit socio,

Et veniens indicabo illud tale et daret animam tol.

Ego ,virtute ignis et lucis, quam postulo dederis tua, et sorores, ut uniat.

Ego vitam ventus et aer, et vocem tibi plectere capillos circa sanguinem nostrum, ut nos in unum.

Ego, et omne robur aquae pluviae me ipsum dolor soror, quaeso te, ut video, et sorores, ut tum sit.

Nunc manibus, simul stare. Ut unus et omnes.

Nostris nota facere ea perficeret.

We each prick our fingers with a needle and the blood swirls high into the air and transfused and burst into a ball of light, nearly blinding us.

The blood raced back into into my fingers and I let out a large breath.

I seem to be doing that a lot today.

"Well guys, we've made it up the hill, now we just have to bungee back down." I say with a smile.

-----
Hey,
It took me forever to write the blood bind. Here's the translation:

I, the source of earth and life, call upon those of the darkest night. To come and give us your soul and let the tale tell it's toll.

I , the power of fire and light, ask that you give your might, so that my sisters and I may unite.

I , the life of wind and air, call for you to twine the hair, around our blood, to keep us together as one.

I , the strength of water and rain , give myself to my sister's pain, I ask of you to see, that my sisters and I must be complete.

Now, hand in hand, together we stand. To become one and all. To make our mark and finish it all.

Comment.  Vote.  Follow.

Keep reading,
Dea