Proposal

Sokka's Pov

I have been with Toph for almost two years. And since we started dating, all I could think about was getting married to her. I knew from the beginning that she was the one. Every time I see her I fall in love all over again. She's so beautiful and strong. She doesn't care what others think of her which i love about her. She's just an amazing girl after all. I ask myself how I got so lucky with such an amazing girl like her! She always thanks me for being a good father figure for her daughter Lin. When i see Lin i see Toph. She is just like her mom.

Recently i have been thinking of finally asking the question, "Will you marry me?". Most of my time at work is just me thinking if it's time to pop the question or not. I've been telling Zuko about me wanting to propose through letters. I told him about me wanting to make a betrothal necklace out of a special rock. I didn't know what that rock was until Zuko mentioned in his letter that a meteorite had fallen in the fire nation near the capital. That was it. The meteorite will be the rock for the betrothal necklace. Years back during the 100 year war. I Went to a master swordsman. There i learned the ways of the sword. Prior to that, a meteor hit near where the gaang and i were hiding. With the meteorite i made my first sword. I lost that sword in the war saving Toph in i. Anyways, there was some left over meteorite and i gave it to Toph since she's never bended a Space rock. She made it into an arm bracelet and till this day she still wears it. 

I asked Zuko to bring me some meteorite next time he came to republic city. A week later he came to republic city and we meet up for him to give me the meteorite. I was so excited. I already had an idea of what i wanted the rock to be like. I spent 3-4 days on the rock. Sometimes staying up late, But it was worth it. Anything for the love of my life. once i finished it was when i started to over think. "What if she says no?" "What will happen if she says no?" "Will she even like it?" "What if she doesn't want to get married in general?" etc. 

I decided i would ask on the weekend. My plan is to take her on a date then go on a walk at the beach at night. Hopefully it would be a full moon so Yue could see. I choose the beach because of water and sand. Sand is apart of earth and I'm from the watertribe. I took the betrothal necklace to Aang and Katara's so Toph couldn't find it. 

End of Pov

The weekend had come and Sokka was nervous. Having his usual overthinking that he's had the past week. He woke up and got up to look at the calender in the kitchen to make sure he wasn't insane. "Ok Sokka today's the day!" He told himself. He felt butterflies in his stomach and started to cook breakfast with a big smile on his face. Toph Woke up shortly after to the smell of bacon and eggs. Her favorite breakfast. She got up and went to Lin's room to see if she was still asleep. She was still asleep and Toph walked to the kitchen stretching her arm.

"Morning Snoozles" She sat down at the table

"Morning" He said with enthusiasm. He made her a plate and walked over to the table setting it in front of her. "Did you sleep well?" He asked kissing her forehead. Even with a small peck Toph still blushed. "I slept well" She responded. 

"Good" He said turning back to make himself a plate. Toph noticed how happy Sokka was. Sure Sokka has been happy  before but he was more happy than ever. She started eating and Sokka came over sitting next to her. They ate comfortable silence until Lin walked in the kitchen, "Hey no one woke me up" She pouted

"You looked so peaceful" Sokka replied with a smile taking a bite of his eggs. "C'mon sit down and I'll make you a plate" He got up and walked to the kitchen. Lin sat across from Toph waiting for her plate. Sokka came back with Lin's plate and set it down in front of her. Along with a glass of juice. Lin thanked him and he sat back down next to Toph. Lin talked about her dream she had last night while they ate. Occasionally laughing at what she said. Sokka looked at the two girls in front of him with a smile. He loved them both very much and would do anything to protect them. Even though Toph was the greatest earthbender in the world. After breakfast Toph and Sokka cleaned up the kitchen while Lin was cleaning her room.