Candy Cane Lane

Modern/Toph isn't blind

---

"Why did you guy's HAVE to live on the busiest street during Christmas? Like I know the city pays the electricity bill for the month. But the decorating part is soooo annoying" Toph complained while she helped Sokka and Katara decorate the front of their home for the season.

Each year during Christmas time, the residents of a street in republic city (Aka Sokka and Katara's street) decorate their homes, for the city to drive through and see and celebrate for the holidays.

"Hey, at least the light's aren't tangled up thanks to Katara" Sokka said to lighten the mood

"Your welcome!" They hear from inside the house.

"Believe me, I hate this as much as you do. The sooner Aang and Zuko get here, the faster we'll get this done" He reassured her

Toph groaned in response as she continued to take out the boxes from the attic (in the garage) . Sokka took out a ladder - to get on the roof- and set it against the wall. Just like last year and the year before that, their house would be decorated the same; Light's on the roof and inflatables on the lawn. And everyone's personal favorite, the tunnel of lights they have on the driveway.

"Does Katara HAVE to play Christmas music?" Toph complained (again)

"Toph, quit being such a Grinch and get in the Christmas spirit" Katara said, walking outside to join the two best friends

"My way of getting in the spirit is by staying home in bed and watching whatever I want"

"What about family? don't your parents have that big Christmas party?" Katara asked in suspicion.

"UGH, don't remind me" Toph rubbed her temples to possibly remove the headache she was getting,  "They always have me hang out with this one kid named Kanto because they believe 'he's the one' for me. He's not even my type"

"Well, what is your ty- aaaaaa"

Toph and Katara quickly turn and face the driveway where they see Sokka fall on his side from the roof

"Sokka!" Katara yelled, running over to help Sokka with Toph following behind  her

"When did you get up there?!" Toph said as she helped him up

"When you guys were chatting" Sokka replied with a grunt

Katara bent water from her pouch and held it in her hands. "Where does it hurt?" She asked in her motherly voice.

"Just my arm" he stuck out his arm and Katara began to heal his arm. He sighed in relief as he felt the pain ease away.

"Maybe I should help you" Toph offered

"No no, I can do it myself"

"Sokka, don't be an idiot. Your brain has enough meat as it is" Toph teased.

Sokka faced the other way from her and blushed. Katara saw him blush and looked between the two best friends. She knew the two liked each other and was determined that today was the day she would play match making.

Soon, Aang and Zuko arrived and helped out. About almost 4 hours, they finally finished decorating the entire house.

They had the tunnel of lights on the driveway. A bunch of lights hanging and laid out on the roof. Including a lighting Santa with his reindeers and some stars. They put string lights on the tress and etc.

Zuko went back home and everyone stayed at the WaterTribe sibling's house.

"I'm so tired from working all day. I could take a nice nap right now on this nice, comfy, couch" Toph said, as she slowly crawled onto the couch and laid down, closing her eyes.