Long day at work

It was early in the morning. Sokka and Toph had to get up early to go to work. Usually they would have to go to work at 9am but last night there was a murder.

Toph was the first to get the call. Shortly after Sokka had gotten a call as well. The couple got up and started to get ready for work.

Sokka took a quick cold shower to get himself more awake. Once Toph finished getting ready. She went to the kitchen and started making coffee for the both of them.

Once Sokka finished getting ready he headed to the kitchen smelling fresh coffee.

"I never thought I'd love the smell of coffee" said Sokka. Toph handed Sokka his cup of coffee.
"You can put the creamer yourself. I don't know how you like it" Toph smirked and went ahead and sat at the table. Sokka smiled back and went to the fridge to get his creamer to pour it into his coffee.

"Who do you think is behind this murder" Toph said in a miserable tone as she sips on her coffee.

" I got a call while you were in the shower, They said that the murderer blood bended the victim to death" Sokka finished pouring his creamer into his coffee and leaned against the counter.

"The only bloodbender that we know and is on the run is yakone"

Toph sighs "I know and I've been trying to get this guy arrested but there's very little evidence that he's a bloodbender"

Sokka could tell that Toph was getting frustrated about yakone by the tone of her voice. He went over and took a seat next to her. "Hey, hey calm down you can't be this stressed remember, Katara said it would hurt the baby"

Months before, the couple had found out that they were expecting. Toph was going to have her second child and Sokka would be becoming a father for the first time. Both were very excited about the news. Toph was happy that she would be having her second child with the one she loved the most. Although she loves her daughter Lin. She wished that Lin had been Sokka's daughter and not her cheating ex-boyfriend kanto.

"You're right, i need to stay calm"

"Good... and I'm only letting you drink coffee because it's really early in the morning" Sokka smirks and puts his hand on Toph's free hand, "but I'm not letting you drink it all" Toph let out a light laugh.

"I guess it's time to go to work now" Toph said in an annoyed tone.

"Yeah I guess it is" he chuckled "but don't worry, tonight I can cuddle you to sleep like old times" Sokka said with a warm smile.

Sokka grabs both their cups and puts them in the sink. He then walks over to Toph who was waiting at the door.

"Wait! We can't leave Lin here alone" Toph said in a worried tone.

"Toph it's fine she's at Katara's remember" Sokka chuckled

"Oh right I forgot" Toph chuckled in embarrassment

"Is pregnancy Brain getting to you?"

"Possibly"

They laughed as they left their home. They get to their destination and part ways for the day.

The end of the day
Although Sokka was tired he wanted to wait for Toph outside the station so they could walk home together.

"I thought you'd be at home by now?" Toph said walking through the doors of the station

"I didn't feel like walking alone. On the way I bought noodles" Sokka raises the bag with noodles inside, " i know you've been craving them more this pregnancy"

"You know me so well" Toph smirked and punches his shoulder.

"Katara is already waiting for us at home with lin" Sokka said wrapping his arm around Toph's shoulder.

At home

Sokka opens their front door and Lin hops off the couch to hug Toph

"Mom!"

"Hi my love!"

"Were you being good at aunt Katara's" Sokka said kneeling down so Lin could hug him.

"Yes I was"

Sokka looked up at Katara for clarification. Katara happily nodded.

"Well I have to get going. The kids want me to read them a bedtime story" Katara then grabbed her bag and started heading to the door

"Thanks again Katara" Toph said getting up from the floor

"Of course anytime. Tenzin loves to play with Lin" Katara said with a warm smile

"Bye auntie Katara"

Everyone turned around and waved at Katara as she closed the door

"C'mon we have to give you a bath and then you go to bed" Toph said

Toph gave Lin a bath while Sokka took a shower. Once Sokka got out of the shower and Lin was out of the bath. The couple switched roles. Toph went to take a shower and Sokka got Lin ready for bed. After Sokka finished reading to Lin, she wouldn't go to sleep without getting a goodnight kiss from her mom. Sokka then walked into the bathroom where Toph was drying her hair with a towel.

"Lin won't go to sleep until you give her a goodnight kiss"

Toph smirked "I told you she's was a mama's girl"

Toph walked into Lin's room, gave her a kiss on her forehead and tucked her into bed. She quietly closed the door and headed to the kitchen where Sokka was setting the noodles on the table.

"I was craving those noodles in the shower" Toph said taking a seat

Sokka went over and kissed Toph on the forehead and rubbed her small belly. After they finished eating they headed to their bedroom and laid down in bed. Toph then rolled over to lay on Sokka's chest.

"you said we could cuddle tonight"

Sokka smiled as they both drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first time writing any fanfic, so like if my writing is bad forgive me. I'm also aware Sokka took 2 showers in this story. If there are any spelling errors please comment on them. I do want to improve on my writing after all

Stay tuned for more one-shots