Chapter 5 - Kyle Herrington

Chapter 5 – Kyle Herrington

"Am I that bad looking?" A man around his mid-twenties grinned at Ashley, his green eyes filled with amusement.

Ashley shakes her head, clearing off the frown on her face before plastering a polite smile. "No, apologies. May I know who you are?"

"A neighbour. I have never seen you before." He stared at her curiously.

"I'm a friend of the house owner. Do you need anything? Sean is occupied." Ashley's mood dipped slightly, hoping that this neighbour was just here to borrow salt or something. She prefers Sean to spend his time sleeping to recuperate as much as he could from his accident.

"I came at the wrong time, for I'm hoping to find a tall, moody guy with a frown that makes you feel oh, so young," he joked with a wink and combs his blond hair back to show how young he looked.

Ashley could not resist and laughed, feeling the dark cloud in her dispersed slightly. Although the neighbour was cringy, he has done it in a way to show that he was just joking about it. "He's sleeping at the moment."

"I'm hoping to return his book and possibly get another new one from him." He held out a thick book with a title that Ashley has no interest in reading.

"I will return it to him for you," Ashley offered.

He grinned, and she suspects that grin had captured tons of women's hearts. "Kyle Herrington."

"What?"

He laughed. "That's my name."

Ashley joined in the laugh, mostly at how slow her brain had processed his words. She must be more tired than she thought. "Ashley Summer."

"So Ashley, a close friend of Sean's?" He raised an eyebrow with a smile that resembled more of a smirk.

Normally, Ashley would just offer a polite response and make an excuse to leave, but she had shown him her bad side which she wanted to fix. Plus, she will be staying for four days and it would be better to be in good terms with Sean's neighbour.

In case she needed help dealing with grumpy Sean.

"I hope you are not jealous of me, Kyle?" Ashley joked, her posture became more laid back. "I will only be here for a few days."

"Why would I be, when I got all of him when he comes over to my place and stays in my bed for many nights?"

"He did?" Ashley fake gasped in shock, knowing full well that it would be impossible. "Such juicy news."

Kyle laughed at her attempt to join the fun. "Only when he's with me, he shows his alluring side," he teased.

"Really? And I thought he would only show that side to his wife?"

Ashley swears his smile slipped slightly before it returned with full force. "I take it you are jealous of Jean?"

"Jean?" But Ashley had an inkling of who she was.

"Sean's wife." He frowned. "You say you are Sean's friend, right?"

Ashley grunted. "Don't look so alarmed. I did say I'm Sean's friend, but I never say I knew his wife."

Ashley does not think she could be friends with Sean's wife.

Kyle was about to ask more but Sean used that moment to appear behind Ashley, looking like he had just got out of the bed with his tousled appearance. Kyle whistled appreciatively at Sean's messy yet undeniably seductive appearance.