Epilogue

Epilogue

Five years later

"Mummy! Simon is here!" The four-year-old boy, Calvin, jumped up and down on his parent's large bed.

"What did your father say about jumping on the bed again?" Ashley warned, her eyes staring at her son from the mirror.

"No jumping..." Calvin sat down on the bed and pouted, swinging his short legs. "But mummy, Simon is here!"

To Simon, Sean was much more of a father compared to Mason. After all, it was Sean that took care of him for the first four years of his life, and even after the divorce, Jean did not stop Simon from meeting Sean. As for Ashley, even if she disliked the boy's birth parents, she could not bring herself to continue disliking the innocent boy and did not stop him from visiting Sean.

Due to that, Simon and Calvin were as close as real brothers.

That statement would remain a secret between Ashley, Sean, and Simon. If his birth parents heard it, it would be bad. Not that Sean cared anyway and always flaunted the affection he got from the kid before Simon's real father.

"Then you go down first." Ashley eyed her reflection from the mirror and carefully applied her mascara.

"Daddy says to go down with mummy," Calvin sulked, yet still obediently listened to his father's words. He wanted to rush his mother but does not want to disturb his mother.

"Where is your father?" she asked, quickly finishing up the last touch of makeup.

"Downstairs talking to Grandpa Samuel!"

Finally, Sean and Samuel slowly get along, and it was much easier when the latter hold back his urge to micromanage his son's life. Samuel's accepting behaviour was also influenced by the presence of Tina, who was such a sweet and forgiving woman. And also a mean right hook, which Ashley had seen the result on Samuel's face once when he took the pestering to another level.

Samuel was lucky that Tina was willing to forgive him and gave him a chance. The suitors in Paris had cried in anguish when she announced her final choice.

"Come on mummy! You are pretty enough!" Calvin whined and Ashley shot him a playful glare.

"Well, today is your mom's wedding anniversary, so your mom needs to outshone others."

"But mummy, you are the prettiest anyway," Calvin earnestly said.

"Your son is right," Sean said from the doorway, his eyes showed his appreciation as his gaze lingered on her body.

To maintain her body figure after her pregnancy was hard work, but totally worth it when Sean appreciates it. Wrapped in a figure-hugging dark green dress, Ashley looked great in it.

"We are going to be late!" Kyle yelled from below.

After Sean and Ashley got married, they still lived in Ashley's small apartment, until she has gotten pregnant. She was not surprised when Sean had actually brought a house without her knowledge and even had it fully renovated to her liking, including the furniture she had once said she liked.

It was his effort to remember her preference that touched her heart.

"I can arrive anytime I want!" Ashley yelled back and her reply was greeted with waves of laughter from the people waiting downstairs.

"We go early, we get to come back early." Sean winked and earned a light smack on his arm from his wife.

"I get to stay over at Grandpa Samuel, right?" Calvin asked excitingly.