Chapter 1 || Unexpected Invitation

Start from the beginning

Slowly lowering my blade, I walked towards the entrance and stepped out hesitantly. The old man saw me walk out and gazed at me with steady eyes.

"Are you Ms Pearce?" he asked, warmth seeping through.

"Yes," I answered.

"I am Professor Dumbledore, I will be teaching Transfiguration for your years at Hogwarts," he introduced.

"Nice to meet you," I said meekly, still dazed by the whole 'you-are-invited-to-a-wizarding-school-to-learn-magic' thing. Clearing my throat I asked, "How will I be able to take classes when I can't even read the textbook?"

Being a demigod is not exactly a life you would want. There are many things but one of the problems is getting kicked out of multiple schools because of our ADHD and dyslexia. So, I was already preparing myself to get expelled by this Hogwarts school within the first class I take.

"We will be translating your textbooks and others to ancient Greek. And if you have any struggles, do ask any teachers for help."

"Thank you. And do any of the other teachers know about my, you know..."

"Only Headmaster Dippet and I are aware of your, ah, another side of the parent," he replied. "We thought it would be best if the numbers of teachers that know about it would be minimum. Now, are you ready to head to Diagon Alley?" Professor Dumbledore raised his hand towards me.

Nodding in agreement, I was about to lay my hand on top of his' when I realized he was staring slightly apprehensive towards my dagger I was still holding. My face warmed up and I quickly sheathed the blade in my dagger's scabbard on my thigh and took his hands embarrassed. He pulled out a stick, long and carved lumps on it... a wand. The fact that he's a real wizard finally sank into me as soon as I saw the magical object.

The professor waved his hand, then our surroundings changed and we were now in the shadowed part of an alley. I stumbled on my feet when we landed on solid ground, feeling dizzy. When I was able to catch my footing, my guide was still waiting for me patiently. Putting on my coat, I followed Professor Dumbledore to the light and a sketchy-looking shop.

With difficulty, I read the sign on the building: LEAKY CAULDRON.

Entering the pub, I stared at the old pub filled with people, some were staring at our direction. Avoiding the gazes, we once again stepped outside, in front of a brick wall.

"Are you ready to enter the wizarding world?" Professor Dumbledore asked with sparks in his eyes.

"I think." 

He placed his hands on one of the bricks and pushed it, revealing a gateway to another alley filled with people in robes and cloaks.

I stared at the alley, mouth ajar. "This can't be happening," I whispered.

The wizard chuckled and we started to walk towards the many shops in the street. Staring at the things sold in the shop in awe, we first arrived in some kind of bookshop.

"Um, excuse me, Professor Dumbledore?" I said sheepishly. "Do we use mortal money around here?"

"Oh! Right, of course, Ms Pearce. We shall head to Gringotts to exchange your money to the currency we use here."

I nodded and walked our way towards the bank. After exchanging my mortal money to the wizarding world's, we next headed to Flourish and Blotts Bookseller.

A small gasp escaped from my lips when I saw the room filled with rows of books. Pulling out my list of things, I immediately ran for the shelves to find the textbooks.

«««««

Well, shopping is tiring. Took me and the professor two to three hours to gather all the things I needed and finally, I'm on the last part of the list and the most exciting part to buy. Maybe one of the best parts. The best part may be is buying my cat, a beautiful silver tabby with clear sky-blue eyes. I call him Argentum.

My footsteps jumped as I entered the wand shop Ollivanders. The place smelled slightly dusty, with different kinds of musty woods, it was filled with boxes (wonder what's inside them) and had a gloomy atmosphere, the only source of light was a candle.

Unintentionally, I stood in a defensive position, my hand going to the hilt of my dagger when footsteps were heard through the shop. Inspecting the person who strode through the small room, the first thing I saw about the man is his eyes glowed through the room. Relaxing my body slowly, I sauntered towards the front desk and straightened my back.

"Ah, a new customer," the man said. Before I can introduce myself, the man kept on speaking, "I am Garrick Ollivander. Now let me find a wand that suits you."

Ollivander wasted no time and went to pick one of the boxes from the shelves. I glanced towards the Transfiguration teacher and I saw that he was examining one of the cases. Leaning against the counter, I rocked back and forth on my heels.

"Here you go, Ms–"

"Pearce. Vivienne Pearce."

He opened the case and revealed a rather short and simple wand. "Hazelwood with unicorn hair core, 9'' and slightly bendy. Now, flick it please?"

Obeying him, I flicked the wand. Then a box fell out from above me and I dodged it by stepping aside. My eyes widened and frowned. "Is this supposed to be my wand?"

"Not at all. Let me get another one." After a few moments, he came back with a completely different wand. "Please try this one. Aspen wood with phoenix feather core, 13'' and rigid flexibility."

It was a beautiful white wood with an elaborate carving on the bottom to the middle. Gripping the wand tightly in fear of breaking something again, I lightly flicked the wand. The room drastically darkened, like black ink swirling around the room with its colour of a nightmare, then suddenly, the room was illuminated by the wand, its tip bursting in a bright flame.

Swallowing, I glanced towards the wandmaker to see him satisfied.

"Looks like you have found your wand, Ms Pearce," Dumbledore spoke from behind me.

"Interesting combination, Ms Pearce," Olliver stroked his chin, thoughtful.

"How so?"

"Aspen woods are for a great or future great dualist. Best for martial magic. Phoenix feather cores are very hard for witches or wizards to use them. The core is picky and very difficult to be chosen," he tells me. "It means that you are going to be a powerful dualist in the future if you learn how to use the wand correctly."

Smiling excitedly, I put the wand back in the box. "Thank you for the wand, Mr Ollivander."

"No problem, Ms Pearce. It was a pleasure meeting you."

A/N:

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I know that this is not exactly the exciting bit, but I can assure you that the exhilarating part will come as soon as all the characters meet each other.

Vote, comment, follow, and have a wonderful day!