Chapter 11 || Taking Action to Success . . . ?

"Stop it, Argentum!" I said to the struggling cat.

She yowled in protest.

I stroke the space between her ears and to her muzzle, which earned a discouraged purr from the silver tabby. I was heading for DADA classroom with my cat because my teacher, Galatea Merrythought, requested to bring our animals for the class.

"Hoot."

Turning around, I saw Abraxas' owl staring at me with curious eyes. Argentum hissed at the bird and I had to keep her from getting out of my hold and pounce at Abraxas' pet for lunch.

"Looks like the cat has the same personality as its owner," the platinum blonde remarked, snickering at my attempt to keep my dear cat calm.

"I'm not that violent," I replied in exasperation. "You should go tell that to Clarisse."

"Who?"

Shaking my head, I scolded at Argentum's ear while heading for class. While adjusting the hold of her and my bag, I didn't notice the other snake striding beside me.

"No greeting for me?" Tom spoke.

Jumping in surprise, I was about to respond to him when instead I exclaimed from pain, "Ow! Di immortales, Argentum. Calm down!"

There was a scratch on my hand, blooming red by the time and scowled at the violent Siberian cat. She gave me a loud hiss and settled down on my arms, wrapping her tail around her body. Scoffing, I smiled apologetically at the raven-haired who was watching the interaction between my cat peculiarly.

"Is your cat always that aggressive?"

"Not really, but I just woke her up from her nap." I shrugged my shoulders and entered the DADA classroom, placing Argentum on one of the desks. "She hates it when someone interrupts her deep slumber."

"Hoot," Abraxas' owl called softly, its head tilting to the side while eyeing my cat, then to my hand.

I watched the owl, who looked soft unlike its owner as if the most uncharacteristic actions of Abraxas was squeezed inside the bird. Then I studied Tom's snow-white owl who seemed reserved and quiet as their owner, yet it clicked its beak to Tom with affection.

"Anyways," I lowered my voice, trailing my eyes away from the owls, "how is the potion going?"

"The potion is doing fine, just a few more days and we're done," Tom reported.

"Then we'll be able to sneak into the library that night," chirped Abraxas.

Nodding, I pursed my lips as I stared at the scar that I received from the tabby. Sighing, I was about to let my hand down when Tom took hold of it and examined the wound. Without a word, he pointed the wand to my hand and spoke something under his breath, my scratch gradually healing as the skin stitched back together.

I widened my eyes at his action, surprised that he cared enough to do something. Recovering, I uttered, "Thanks."

He merely nodded before taking the seat next to my table, Abraxas on his side. Sitting at the next table, I patted Argentum absentmindedly. Soon the professor entered the room and started the class.

«««««

It has been a while since I checked on our invisibility potion since Tom and Abraxas insisted upon doing the brewing process themselves. Which left me alone to do whatever I wanted with Charlotte and Emily, or just searching for anything useful in the library alone.

It was Friday afternoon that I stepped inside the empty classroom, shutting the door silently and walked towards Tom and Abraxas who was transferring the liquid to a vial. Peeking inside, I saw that it was a transparent liquid like water, but as I stared at it, the slightest movement seemed to shift the potion and a moon-like shine glistened and reflected on to the glass.