Chapter 30

#A3TheSuspect

"We needed to take her to the hospital..." Amelie said. 

"Don't. It'll stir media up. Baka nakalimutan mong mainit pa ang balita tungkol sa pagkamatay ng ama niya. Plus Dustin is in trouble right now."

"She's pregnant, Bhryle." Said Amelie.

A long silence.

"Where's Novel? Tell him to go and get the car." I heard Elsie said. 

"Amelie, please..." I heard Bhryle said. 

"Let's save Dustin later, Dustin's baby and his future wife must be prioritized," Amelie said. 

Kahit nakapikit pa man ang mata ko ay dumaloy na naman sa pisngi ko ang luha. 

"Bakit ka ba nag-alala Bhryle?"

"Kasi we lost the stranger. Hindi ko alam kung sino siya. Hindi ko alam kung bakit gusto niyang patayin si Dustin noon pa." Bhryle hissed. 

"It's best to not talk about it here, guys," Amelie said. "She's awakened."

I sniffed. 

And burst out crying. 

I opened my eyes and Amelie helped me sat down. 

"Shhhhhh, don't cry, Alyrani. Think about your baby for now." 

I sighed. 

"Take 3 deep breaths. One..."

I inhaled and exhaled automatically when Amelie instructed me to. I trusted her since she is a skilled nurse. She is even wearing a uniform right now. 

"Two..."

I breathed.

"Three..."

As I finished taking 3 deep breaths, my tears stopped flowing and I began observing the surrounding. 

Nasa hideout house kami. I am sitting by the bed and I am surrounded by them. Dustin's gang plus Amelie and Elsie. The face of the boys is so down while the girls tried to flash a smile in front of me. Probably to encourage me and spread positivity.

"Let's take you to the hospital, Alyrani," Amelie said. "Masyado ka nang na-stressed. At masama yun para sa baby niyo ni Dustin." 

When I heard his name, napatitig ako sa kawalan.

"Where's Dustin?"

"Nasa Police station."

Napakunot ang noo ko. 

"Why is he there?"

Bhryle approached us. 

Novel also arrived while circling the key in his fingers. 

"He's been taken as a suspect. But we don't think Dustin really shot your father."

"I heard a gunshot far from here while Dustin suddenly chased for a guy spying over us. Hindi namin alam kung sino. Pero all this time naman kung palagi kaming exposed to some sorts of mission, may babalik at babalik na kalaban para ipahamak kami." Bhryle said. 

"Wait..." Amelie said.

"Guys, alam niyo namang na stressed na si Alyrani about that, will you give her a break?" Elsie barged in. 

I saw Jacob looking at me from at distance. 

Meg and Magsy crossed their arms while looking at us. They were guarding the doors. 

Napaisip ako. 

"Fine." Novel hissed and walked out. "I'll get the car."

Amelie sighed and looked at me. 

"What are you thinking right now, Alyrani?" She asked. 

I didn't answer. 

"Dustin's under the investigation. Right now." Magsy said, crossing his arms. Probably thinking too.

"Unless if we have stronger evidence that it is not Dustin-- we can turn this thing over," Meg said.

"How are we supposed to-- wait, so who was the guy in black he fought at the apartment?" Bhryle said. 

Mabilis kaming nagkatinginan ni Bhryle. 

Tapos napatingin din ako kay Jacob na nakatingin na din pala sa akin. He stood up and lumapit sa akin. 

"Shit!" Jacob yelled. 

"The guy!" Bhryle said. "But he escaped." Bhryle continued. 

Magsy and Meg stood up and prepared themselves by checking their motorbike keys and taking with them their helmet. 

"We'll handle it." Meg and Magsy said in chorus. 

"And what is it about that guy? What if he is not related to Alyrani's father's case?" Elsie asked. 

A long silence. 

"He is the suspect. I recorded everything." I said. 

Lahat ng attention nila ay nasa akin. 

Isa-isa ko silang tinignan. 

I waved my phone at them.

"Enough evidence. He confessed it to Dustin himself."

"I knew it. I saw you holding a phone." Jacob said to me and he smiled.

Their faces are build up with chances once again. 

"He wanted to kill Dustin for failing some mission," I said, my eyes are staring at the blank wall. Thinking how things are now connected all at once. Lahat sila nagkadugtong-dugtong. 

Now I know kung bakit kilala na ni Dustin si Andre.

He saved Andre before. 

And I can't believe na hindi yun alam ni Andre until now. 

My heart hurts thinking na masyadong nasa delikadong sitwasyon si Dustin just because of a failed mission. Tapos anytime pwede siyang gawing suspect and could end up in jail just because of that stranger's gunshot. 

He was supposed to shoot and kill Dustin while Dustin chased him sa forest but it happens that Dad and I were there. Dustin's footstep was found but the stranger took another path kaya siguro hindi siya nabuking for now. 

I sighed. 

"What mission?" Amelie asked. 

"Killing your brother," I answered.

Amelie was dumbfounded. 

Bhryle paused. 

"That was them. I saw his face before. I fought with him together with Dustin. We stopped him from giving threats and killing your brother, Andre, Amelie." Amelie covered her mouth. 

"Since you know the stranger, Bhryle. Come with us. On behalf of the police, I think we are a better chaser. Wow." Meg said and even kids at us. 

"Let's go," Bhryle said and before he left, I saw him leaving a hug at Amelie to calm her down. 

"Now let's go to the hospital," Amelie said.

"No," I said.

"But..." Elsie cuts me off. 

I cut her off this time.

"Now, let's go exposed that motherfucker." I said and stood up. I have my phone over my chest to feel my heart pumping hard as I wanted to give the evidence myself to the police station and clear my future husband's name.

I'm coming, Dustin.