Chapter 15

#A3TheDoctorSaid

The next thing I know is that I woke up with tears in my eyes. Dustin wasn't there beside me anymore. I think he isn't the type to leave a letter, too. 

I feel sore deep inside but I realized I had to attend a press conference tomorrow. And my Dad needed me beside him right now. Ramir surprised me with his visit to my house. He brought guards with him. Since the suspect is still on the loose. 

There was no idea if it was an intended shot for Dad since the bullet strikes through his back and it just really reached his heart. If it was meant to really kill Dad, then the suspect should've targeted his head instead. That was one thing that keeps on bothering me.

My whole family attended the funeral. 

It was a heartbreaking scene that I have ever encountered in my whole life. 

Dad always wanted to be like a real Filipino citizen. The burial in Hungarian-style is just like Filipinos. But in Hungary, mourners throw soil or handkerchief on the grave as it symbolizes sadness. 

After the burial, the company handled by Dad was in chaos. But Ramir has been dealing with it every day. I feel sorry for I cant help him. But my other half-siblings aren't really competitive with businesses that is why they respect Ramir a lot and Ramir appreciated it in return. 

I took care of my own business while he is busy with Dad's. Automatically, Ramir will be the one to be descended with the positions. 

The Press Conference was held right in front of me. 

It was a good thing that the Press arent being an ass to me. 

Although many shareholders and investors attended the funeral, I owe them respect as well. Kasi ilang days din akong nagpapahinga at hindi lumalabas sa bahay ko. They handled things while I wasn't around. 

The respect. 

I figured na kailangan kong magbago.

Pagkatapos ng lahat ng pangit na asal na pinapakita ko sa kanila ay hindi pa din nila ako iniwan at binabastos. Kahit ang bastos na nang ugali ko sa harapan nila ay nagawa pa din nila akong respetuhin. Now I get it kung bakit nasabi ni Dustin sa akin na mayabang ako. 

Kasi I saw too much of myself being in a silver or gold platter. 

I feel guilty all of a sudden.

To make things right and peaceful, I explained in details noong last naming pagsasama ni Dad. Also, I gave a certain statements regarding Dennis, in fact, he is tested negative sa drugs, and since kasama ko siya before the incident happened I stated that Dennis was innocent since I havent noticed him taking up drugs at all. If he had, I wouldn't have sex with him kasi ayoko sa high sa sex. 

Dennis also changed after everything that had happened. Pagkatapos niyang bumaba sa mga positions na hawak niya, he started all over again. I found out na yung girl ay supposedly just his whore. He didnt knew na isang drug dealer pala. But he wasn't also saying na balak niyang bumili. The girl turns out to be a secret stalker who plans to take him down para masira siya. 

Well, Dustin caught her. 

Speaking of the devil, hindi ko alam kung asaan siya.

Pagkatapos niyang sinabi na he loves me, pagising ko ay wala na siya. 

Stupid.

Ilang araw na ang lumipas.

Pero kahit naiinis ako kay Dustin for leaving me suddenly napapaisip din naman ako na thankful ako na andun siya sa mga oras na ayokong mapag-isa. Not as a fuck buddy but as a... should I call him a friend? When he keeps on telling me na I am his. 

I sighed. 

The Police and detectives are diligently inspecting and investigating the forest. Guns din namin ni Dad ay ini-inspect na. Lahat ng mga gamit na nagamit namin doon ay iniwan namin ni Dustin. Hindi mo na kasi maisipan ang iba pang mga bagay kapag makikita mong nawawalan ka na ng Ama. 

For a while, I feel like my body is giving in.

I didn't get to eat properly since I don't really go outside anymore.

And I don't store foods inside my house to maintain my diet before. 

I also prohibited my secretary to visit. 

Kaya I feel so weak and tired.

"According to your medical history and physical examinations that we had today, it was fine. But we need to take extra care of ourselves, ano? You may be too exhausted even to manage your daily affairs but you should pay extra care to your food intake also, ano?"

I keep nodding as the Doctor spoke.

"So you should eat your breakfast every day. Eat foods that are high in fiber and drink fluids too to avoid constipation, ano? So avoid sleeping late, for the mean surround yourself with something that is good and peaceful."

I nodded.

Pero parang misleading na ang mga advice ni Doctor.

"Avoid alcohol..."

"I haven't drink in a while."

"Hmm, that's good."

"So, raw and undercooked fish is also prohibited, ano?"

"I don't really eat nowadays." I said.

"Yes, and I am saying that you should avoid those foods that I mentioned earlier in the future."

Fine.

Now, I just need any medicines that he would recommend. 

I badly wanted to go home na matapos ang mga procedures.

Uwing-uwi na ako.

"No need of medication since it would be bad for your health."

Napakunot ang noo ko.

"Pardon me?" I asked.

"You are pregrant, Miss Hodler."