1 :: Bizarre Events

╔═══════════════╗
Naples, Italy
7:30pm
╚═══════════════╝

Bruno sighed as he walked down the sidewalk. He excused himself if he accidentally bumped into anybody, exhaustion weighing on the twenty-year old's mind. The ravenette ran a hand down the side of his face as he grew closer to his destination. His mind briefly wandered to some meaningless things as he walked. Bruno's blue eyes slowly took in his-

A flash of yellow caught his eye.

Bruno paused in front of an alley. He frowned, eyes narrowing as he analyzed the scene. Somebody brushed past him, annoyance made clear by the curses leaving their mouth.

Bruno paid no mind to the person and stepped into the alley to determine what was hidden within its dark grasp. He scoured around a bit.

"Dammit," he cursed as he suddenly tripped over something, "...a person?"

It was, in fact, a person. A teenaged boy judging by appearance. The boy was obviously a foreigner, brown eyelids hiding his eye color, his black hair a mess, and his clothes muddy. Bruno crouched down and checked for a pulse, a sigh of relief leaving him upon feeling a faint one.

He cast a glance toward the entrance of the alley before he shook his head and picked the man up. He turned out to be lighter than Bruno had thought.

"Looks like I'm taking another one in..." Bruno chuckled to himself at the thought of "adopting" the guy in his arms as if he were a kid. Then again, hadn't he done the same to Fugo, Narancia, and Mista? He rolled his eyes, focused on helping the guy in his arms.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I groaned and put a hand to my head. It hurt like a bitch. Just wonderful. What the hell happened? My eyes slowly pried themselves open as I began to gather my conscious up and put it back together. Blinking, I'm met with the sight of a couch that definitely wasn't mine and was definitely not from a house I'd been to.

Oh fuck. What the hell have I gotten myself into? Where's my fami-

A soft voice interrupted my freak out, "Are you awake, now?"

I tensed up, chest tightened in panic. That voice...didn't belong to anybody I knew. Was this how I was going to die? My breath hitched as I heard gentle footsteps approach me. I tensed up a little and turned over on the couch.

Beside me stood a man with blue eyes, black hair cut into a Bob-like style, and a white, open-chested suit with black spots all over it. My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the sight of Bruno Buccellati standing beside me. This had to be some sort of wild ass dream.

He gave me a gentle smile upon seeing me staring at him. "Nice to see you're awake. I'm sure you're confused as to what's going on," Bruno said as he sat down next to me, "My name's Bruno Buccellati, and you are?"

I sat up, drawing my legs closer to me. If this was a dream then I can be whoever I want right? I need an Italian sounding name though. "...Marcato..."

Bruno raised an eyebrow and tilted his head. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Can you repeat?"

Inwardly cursing myself for my quiet awkwardness, I nodded and gave him a weak smile. "My name is...Marcato." Just as I finished the sentence, rapid footsteps abruptly stormed toward as. An annoyed look crossed Bruno's face as he stood to head over to the person.

"Who's that on the couch?" A voice came from behind me.

"Narancia, what have I told you about running down the stairs?" Bruno scolded the seventeen year old, hands on his hips.

I turned to look at the two of them, not really listening to Bruno's scolding since I was focused on eyeing Narancia up. The skinny boy was wearing an oversized shirt with an orange on the front and orange pajama bottoms. On his feet were some house slippers. He had a pout on his face when Bruno finished scolding him.

Narancia huffed, "Can I get a banana now?" His attention was fully on food now.

Bruno shook his head and crossed his arms. "It's too late for food. Go to bed, I need to help Marcato."

Narancia exaggeratedlty groaning, turning to head upstairs. He took his sweet time as he grumbled the entire way. Once Narancia was gone, Bruno turned back to me. "I doubt you'll enjoy sleeping on the couch, so please follow me."

I stood and headed to Bruno's side. Being beside him made me realize how much taller then me he was. I came up to the bottom of his nose. Bruno led me upstairs, pointing out his room just in case I needed anything.

The bedroom is minimalistic, it's wall were a pastel yellow, the bed was in the corner which left room for a desk and decent sized bookshelf. On the bed there's a white backpack along with some clothes. Bruno gestured to the clothes on the bed.

"While you were out, I managed to find you some clothes to sleep in. Tomorrow we can discuss your situation in further detail," the taller man explained. "That backpack was beside you when I found you so I assumed it was yours."

I thanked him quietly, "Thank you for all of this, Bruno..."

The ravenette put a hand on my shoulder, his gentle smile from earlier formed again. "You're welcome, Marcato. Anyway, I'm going to head to bed. It's best if you do too. Buona notte."

I returned his smile. "Buona notte."

Bruno shut the door behind him and left me to own devices. I sighed and sat on the bed, casting a glance at the white backpack. I didn't want this dream to end so soon, but all good things had to end.