『3』My World Is Not Secluded

»--𓆩⟡𓆪--«

I take a stroll through the forest, where leaves subtly rustle. It had been too long since I was last introduced to an avatar with such fire. "How cute," I hummed to myself.

Each time I was acquainted with them, there used to be tingles of excitement. My audience with Fafnir was a distant memory, but it ignited a thrill of drawing in the diversity of resonances.

I had learned these creatures were wrapped in a dense barrier, which I could not penetrate due to my lack of partnership and power. As if they protected themselves for me, I communicated through a second connection.

My heart fluttered by thinking about our future meetings. This would be the origin of establishing my dream, so I must not lose my leash on Delta. He is the key to my foolish paradise.

While I walk within the lush setting, a timid bunny twitches its ears in my direction. It pokes its head up from behind a tree trunk, and I melt at the sight of its round, black eyes. The bunny freely led me away as I skipped in high spirits.

This time, I was caught by a different pair of eyes. A heavy-eyed boy sat on an old stump of a tree, looking at me curiously. I get a little self-conscious under his gaze.

"Did you battle someone before me? What a lucky guy." He interrupts, startling me.

"Not at all."

"Your voice gives everything away, (y/n)," he responds with a playful tone.

"Free."

He tilts his head. "Who else would I be?"

The bunny hops off into the distance at the loss of my attention. I exclaim its return, but it reaches too far for me to chase after. The animal continues to hop off, entirely disregarding my commands. Free was chuckling, like he used the situation to mess with me in some way.

"Can you get her for me?" I question with a slight twist in my stomach.

Free gets up with no sense of urgency, miraculously having the bunny scurrying around and into his arms. It hops onto his shoulder with ease, and he gently places them in my hands.

"I saw Delta earlier today." Free disclosed, studying my behavior to his words. "Does he get injured often?"

"What do you mean?" Considering the intensity and nature of blading, everyone would be susceptible to injuries.

"Sounds like he's using you to get to Aiger in the duos."

"Tell me. Is he hurt?"

"Why are you so concerned with the state of a dark resonance user? You use it yourself, and that's what it is."

I swing my head in frantic disagreement, coming to realize Delta has been going after users of this resonance. This makes things consequently harder for me.

"I have to be the one that breaks him."

Free shrugs, his question shattering our mutual trust. I could feel his skepticism even as I tried to force a smile. He suspects the reliability of my intentions, though he does not convey it.