『2』 A Dividing Kind of Bond

Delta's P.O.V

What a short-lived battle, I thought to myself. Alyria didn't burst. Why didn't either of us, more or less me?

(y/n) drops Devolos in my hands with a scoff, gazing down on me with a condescending expression. Every bit of my nerves wanted to rip her egoistic grin off. I stiffly swallow my rage, assessing whether I had gained from this occurrence.

"Delta, I'm not in the mood to break beyblades." She reached out and offered a hand, but mistook my hesitation for the lack of humor. "Come on, it's really my hand. I'm no pot."

I ignored her gesture and peered into the faint glow of my bey. "Are you satisfied?"

"Satisfied?" Devolos thunders. "They are our stepping stones. We must fight given every chance, so that we surpass the world."

Your P.O.V

"Only one star for the skies? Sounds pretty hideous without the rest of its shiny companions." I smile, finding his muse ridiculous.

Delta gets into stance, and we both rip the cord to a lightning launch. He entirely disregards my approval of a rematch - our arrogance striking a strong familiarity.

"I'd call fluke. Are you telling me you can't even achieve a burst finish? You seem to have...low expectations."

Dual phantom splits for the next round. The tip is first to go after Alyria, and its gold turbo charges with each second. Both of our beyblades glow ruby red with gleaming trails behind its path.

I don't bother dodging his attack. I head straight for Devolos. An instance of collision shot three rubber wings from Alyria's spiked blades, pushing Devolos to the wall of the stadium.

The pieces of Devolos separate in a climatic fall - I couldn't sugar coat his failure this time.

"You can't even land a decent hit," I emphasized, sickened at the face of a loser's humiliation. "Are you even qualified to fight against someone like me?"

Delta picked up the pieces of Develos, unfurrowing his brows.

"Does it change your opinion if I've fought Lui?" He takes a step closer, eyeing the hand that clutched Alyria. "I bet you want to know why I came."

I take a step back, reminded of Lui's nature. If he had made time for Delta, he must have met high standards. But I couldn't help smiling sarcastically.

"Oh I'm sorry, you battled a legend. Congratulations, what an impressive feat!"

"I want you to come with me to the world duos held in Japan. You'll get a reasonable favor as compensation."

The wheel of influence was currently in his hands, so I weighed my options. The subtle pulsing of Alyria's energy in my palms opposed cooperation, but his sincerity moved my heart.

"I'd only be carrying you. Get me something I want."

"Be reasonable," he repeats with exasperation.

"The remains of Devolos when it breaks," I propose within a second.

"Hell you got to do with Devolos?"

Relentless, crimson and bellowing. Just my type of bond. I wouldn't be blunt enough to admit my fascination with Delta's avatar.

"You got a problem with a collector?"

Delta grimaces at the favor tipping to my side of the scales.

"Fine."