『1』Encounter of the Darkest of Reds

Your P.O.V

Delta's hoarse and bitter voice does not threaten my stance. He holds Devolos tightly and glares daggers, emotions spewing on a frantic impulse. It was our first meeting, and he swiftly evoked my disgust.

"Battle me," he challenges, feeling a rush of adrenaline from the presence of my aura. "Your bey looks weak from lack of experience."

I sighed, having no reason to refuse Valt's recent trainee. It is true I have not practiced improving my strengths as of late. The rest of BC Sol must have told him about my glory days, and I became his latest target.

His eyes shine a deep power of red, hands gripping onto his launcher. My confidence stirred as I looked at Alyria. "We can still give them the fight they don't need," her melodic voice echoes.

Then I glance at Delta's face. It was so amusing to see someone so worked up over an opponent. I had thought of denying his request to watch him plead, but tearing down his pride proved to be more entertaining.

Getting ready in my launch position, I gave a simple nod. My resonance with Alyria flared, and our similar auras contrasted in the richness of shadows.

Delta's P.O.V

Everything around me dissolves. When all things are clear, I stand before an enormous creature with gleaming green eyes.

"Devolos," I acknowledge. "I can feel their forces. Can you handle it?"

Devolos growls. "A prey worthy of making us the strongest!"

A few gusts of wind blew against my face, silence sealing every decibel of noise from the fire. Our resonance is stronger than any other. Nothing will ever stop us.

"You'll have her soon."

Your P.O.V

"The sky only needs one star," Delta declares as he shouts his moves. "Dual phantom!"

My guard stood unwavering, even when my tip had slightly faltered at his attacks. I was observing the way he played, smirking at the evident victory I'll receive.

Alyria hums with vibrant energy as it slowly starts to glow, the lights brightening as it speeds up. She surges in power, filling up the gauge of our next move. 

"Subvert!" I commanded in unison. Alyria changes direction and spins backwards for a brief moment, taking the brutal opportunity for a landing blow.

Devolos was thrown off balance, its rebound immediately sending it flying into my hands. With an effortless catch and a sound of a clink, I examine Devolos's structure. It had bursted, but I swiftly assembled him with one hand.

The weight of Delta's sore heart could be felt falling to the floor. He had not noticed my tampering of Devolos, and seemed to believe that it was an uneventful ring out finish.

I decided to play into this lie.