Two steps back...

Two steps back...
~

"Hey. Shh shh. Your ok. Calm down for a moment." The stranger quickly trying to calm me as I struggled to get free.

"Don't touch me. Let me go please." I pleaded trying to find some way to return to my group....I wonder if they had noticed if I was gone yet.

"Wait.....I saw you earlier. Your that blind girl that travels with the avatar....aren't you?" Oh no. My god. Oh no. Please.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You are. Common. I have the perfect place for you to go."

He tackled my a$$ to the ground and I felt ruff material tightly bind my wrist together.

I use to be a warrior for the fire lord. This is what it comes down to? No. I don't think so. This is not how it ends for me!

I pull a 'dragon' trick from Iroh's book and fire shot out of my mouth. I turned in my place just to make sure I had gotten rid of anyone else there with that man.

His grip on my wrist was gone. I just heard screaming from two people. I took my chance and burned the ropes. I could see somewhat now. The adrenaline made me way more sensitive to temperature.

The ground has a blue tone. The rocks had a darker blue tone. Plants had a gentle orange tone from the sunlight warming them up. I could see the path. Little shacks had glowing red bodies manning them.

I was looking to my left and before I knew it I ran into someone.

Me being on the ground scooted backwards from them. I recognized those body types.

"Thank god."

"Sorry there young lady." The bigger man said. Do they really not recognize me? I could see why tho. I didn't have my uptight uniform with perfectly fixed hair.

"Here." The slim one offered me their hand.

I didn't know if they wanted me to say their names out loud so I didn't. I just took his hand and he gently pulls me up.

"Thank you." I threw myself at the man into a hug. I knew I was different now. I had changed. I wasn't the same person they met a month, more or less, ago.

"I will always accept a hug from a beautiful stranger." I giggled and pulled away.

"Sorry. It's just really good to see you guys."

"Have we met before?" The man questioned.

I leaned up real close so no one would hear me and only them two.

"It's Kai. Remember?"

I saw blue form around his eyes and down his cheeks. The temperature was different from his body. I realized that he had started crying.

Zukko looked stunned. His face turning a colder color. Starting of light red and fading into orange.

"What?"

"We thought you were dead."

Why would they think I was dead?

Before I knew it he pulled me into a hug. I had almost forgotten this feeling.

"It's good to see you." Wow. Even Zuko mildly greeted me.

"What happened to your eyes?" Iroh studied me with a puzzled look.

"Oh. Um. A fight with Azula."

Zuko dropped his head. He had no reason to feel bad. He didn't do it. Maybe it troubled him knowing his family was like that.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Heard the Avatar was here. Probably a load of crap. Common uncle lets keep moving. Kai are you coming with us?" Zuko looked at me waiting for my answer. Just now the thoughts came flooding in. I'm fire nation. I don't belong with the good guys. I could give them this last gift and not tell Zuko they were here. I know my kind. And right now I don't belong here.......

(More?)