I'm so sorry...

Iroh and I continued tracking Zuko. We had a lot of distance to catch up on which included us walking for six hours all at once. With the occasional bathroom breaks.

"Do you think that he'll want us to follow him?"

"No, but never stopped me before." Iroh smiled sweetly and continued walking.

"His tracks look fresh. He's probably not to far ahead of us." Iroh states out loud.

"Should we slow down?"

"No. I want to make sure my nephew is ok." His cheeks get warm with his smile. Turning his face a gentle orange color.

Lately I've been feeling lonely. I miss the guys but idk. It's been nice to have space. Gives me time to think. Now they can travel without any delays. Aang needs to master fire bending and soon. I know this much. Maybe I'll be there when he needs me.

I can't help but to appreciate Zuko's tall body. I think about him sometimes and hot he's cold but also sweet. When he wants to be he can be.

(You guys want a smut🍋?)

I continued our travels holding onto Iroh's sleeve and just following him. Lost in my head. Thinking about everything. Zuko, the gang, my family. I want to see them. I want to check on them. I want to know if Zuko is ok. All this thinking started going to my head. Making a nervous and nauseating feeling arise in my stomach. The anxiety was starting to get to me. Everything is so uncertain now. The nauseous feeling became stronger and stronger. Until my knees hit the ground. Stopping Iroh dead in his tracks.

"Are you ok? What happened?"

"I don't feel so good." I'm mumbled before laying in my back.

"I guess here is a good place to stop for some rest." He said and he got a cloth wetting it and putting it to my forehead. My eyes feeling heavy.

...

Hours later I started waking up slowly. I heard talking and listened in to what the two people were saying.

"Here is your tea. You seem  a little to young too be traveling alone." Iroh's voice became clear.

"you seem a little too old." And unknown voice replied.

"Perhaps I am."

I moved and they suddenly stopped talking.

"Look who's awake."

I sat up sleepily and peaked my eyes open.

"Who's that?" I questioned

"This is Ms. Toph. And this is Ms. Kai."

"Why is she here." I made a weird face and saw the small bundle of heat sitting near a small fire. Sipping something I could assume as water or tea.

"So your the girl Sokka always talks about." This Toph girl stated.

"How do you know who I am?"

"Take a good guess." At her words I kept my mouth shut and just scooted beside iroh next to the fire.

"So they got on your nerves or something?"

"We had an argument. Actually I should be going. And about your nephew. Maybe you should tell him that you need him too." She smiled at us before leaving off into the woods.

"Such a kind girl." Iroh started cleaning up, to which I helped him.

"We should get moving. I feel better now." He stood next to me and I grabbed his sleeve once more before setting off.

...

We made it to this abandoned dirty town. That was a good bit away from us. Hearing the fighting we quickly made our way there since Zuko came in this direction.

Iroh found Zuko laying on the ground like he'd been hurt.

"Uncle?." He looked up at him.

"Get up." Iroh ordered to him quickly.

I knew the fight was only just starting. Something told me it wouldn't end well.

Fire shot everywhere. The gang hadn't even realized I was there as we corned Azula.

Before I knew it Azula blasted Iroh. Hurting him to make a quick get away.

"Kai?!" They all said at the same time.

"Get away from us!!" Zuko yelled at the approaching group.

"Zuko I can help." Katara voices first. Quickly getting over the shock of my being there.

"Kai come on." I heard Aangs voice. I couldn't see anymore. Which was making me panick. The tears blurred all the colors together. The orange, red, blue and white, giving me a headache. So I stopped trying to see as the tears fell down my face and I stayed in my place beside Iroh's unconscious body.

"Leave her. Something tells me she wants to stay with him." Toph's voice spoke up and I just flashed her a thankful smile before getting one in return.

Sokka gave one last glance before they left. Knowing I wouldn't leave.

Zuko and I got Iroh into one of the abandoned houses and let him rest. Doing out best to make sure he was ok.

I stepped outside and sat down on the wood. Tears started to fall again. I can't believe it. I had the chance to leave. Yet I didn't. Why didn't I leave? Was it solely because of new Iroh's injury?

Calm down calm down calm down calm down. It's gonna be ok. Everything will work out the way it should. I have to believe that. I need to.

I felt Zuko come behind me. His quiet footsteps stopped behind me. And he dropped to my back. His knees on either side of me. Zukos arms pulled my back into his chest untying my little ball I made with my body. I felt him silently cry along with me. I knew we cried for different reasons but both of us worried for the man still unconscious on the other side of the wall.

I leaned my head backwards into his shoulder and he leaned his head forward onto mine and we slowly started to calm down. My hands, that were now resting on his arms that went around my neck, started rubbing small circles onto his exposed skin. Enjoying this un-lasting feeling.

"Come on. Let's go check on him. Make sure everything's ok." He nodded and grabbed my hand offering help to pull him up. Then we made our way to Iroh's side.

...

"Lightning is a pure expression of fire bending." I listened in on their conversation. Comparing how I did lightning and how Iroh taught it. I debated on chimming in but decided against it. Looking back now. Maybe I should've...