Chapter 5

Deku's POV

We all stared at Alphonse in confusion. Even Edward and Ling had no idea what he meant. The ground had finally calmed, leaving an ominous silence in the air. Alphonse looked around and realized everyone was staring at him, "Uh...Brother, Ling, can you come here for a minute?" The three of them went off to the side and began whispering to each other while Todoroki melted the ice.

"Is everyone okay? Did anyone get injured from the earthquake?" Iida asked loudly, as he and Kirishima helped some people up.

Todoroki finished with the ice and took a deep breath, slowly making his way over to the wall to sit down. I made my way over to him and smiled awkwardly, "Are you doing alright, Todoroki-Kun?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just need to rest for a minute." He nodded and shot me a thankful look."That's good. Take it easy; you've done a lot. Thanks again for saving me." I waved goodbye and turned back to the others to help. I noticed Bakugo sitting on the ground, rubbing his head angrily. "Kacchan! Are you okay? Do you need help?"

"Fuck off, nerd." He pushed my hand out of the way and stood up, obviously dizzy. I just stood there and watched as he wobbled over to the wall to steady himself. He was definitely not okay, but I gave him his space. Kirishima, on the other hand, came up to him and attempted to ask the same thing I did, but Kacchan just yelled at him, too.

My attention turned to the gym entrance when All Might came running in, shouting, "Is everyone alright? Did anyone hit their head during the earthquake?" He scanned everyone for injuries before he saw Alphonse, Ed, and Ling. "Oh, you must be the three kids Eraserhead was telling me about. Are you three okay, too?"

Edward looked at him, confused, "Who are you?"

He paused for a second, "Oh, right. I'm All Might. I'm a friend of Eraserhead."

"Perfect timing! We need to talk to him right away." Alphonse said, stepping in front of Edward, who glared at him in return.

Ling put a hand on Edward's shoulder and cleared his throat, "It could be life-threatening. Please."

All Might nodded and led them away, "Everyone, please head back to the dorms."

As they were just about to leave, Kirishima shouted, "We need to know what's going on, too. Whatever it is, we've dealt with worse, like the League of Villains."

Mentioning the League made All Might uncomfortable, "Now is not the time, young Kirishima. If you are needed, we will tell you. For now, your safety is our number one priority."

Edward looked at Kirishima, confused, "Who?"

The air in the room changed suddenly; it got heavy and tense. Kacchan scoffed and looked down at the ground. Kirishima closed his eyes and turned his head, "An alliance of some of the worst villains in Japan. We've faced them before, and barely came out alive."

I agreed and clenched my fist, "They're ruthless." I pulled up my right sleeve and showed the giant scar on my bicep.

"We've had multiple brutal attacks from them," Todoroki stated, and a few others nodded in agreement as well.

"This is bad...Very, very bad..." Alphonse gasped.

Ling put his hand on Edward's shoulder, "We have to go find them. Now."

"Who?" Kaminari asked.

"A League of our own. The Homunculi. Immortal, humanoid creatures that can think and act for themselves. All with unique abilities similar to your quirks. Two of them are here, and we have no idea where." Edward cursed under his breath, much like Kacchan would.

All Might looked worried and shook his head, "No, it's a bad idea to go after them. Especially with our recent attack, we're not ready to go after a group of overpowered villains. Just come with me and fill us in on everything, and we can make a plan."

Edward clenched his metal fist, and Alphonse spoke up, "You underestimate my brother. The three of us can take them down."

"Edward, Alphonse, can we talk for a minute?" Ling pulled them aside, and they talked quietly. After a moment, Ling turned back around, "We are going to pursue them. We plan on only getting the Homunculi and then returning home. If it comes to combat, we promise to be careful."

"Are you fucking stupid? Did you not hear anything we just said?" Kacchan growled.

Kirishima nodded and folded his arms, "He's right, man. You shouldn't; they're dangerous. You could have one of us go with you-"

"No, this is our mess. You don't have to help us clean it up. Please, we've made up our minds." Alphonse put up his hands in an attempt to stop the rising tension.

Edward stared us down with new-found passion, "We can take 'em on, we're stronger than you think. Back home, I was a hero. A couple o' bastards like them don't scare me one bit. Come on, guys. We got some searching to do." He pumped his fist, and the three of them turned to leave.

"If you say so...But, above all, stay away from Shigaraki. His quirk can dissolve anything he touches." I called to them as they turned the corner and left the gym.

"I've got to go tell Aizawa." All Might said nervously. He turned to leave back where he first came in, "I'm glad you all are alright after the earthquake. Just head back to your dorms for right now. I will fill you in later."

*************************************

The feeling in the room wasn't the same when we got back. Sero and Kirishima tried their hardest to keep the mood up, but I still found myself pacing back and forth in worry. I mumbled to myself, considering possible stories for Edward and the others, each one more absurd than the last. After some time, Kacchan let off an explosion next to my face and screamed, "Dammit, Deku! Shut up already!"

"AAH! Sorry, Kacchan!" I put up my hands apologetically and stepped out of his line of fire.

"Are we going to talk about Edward, Ling, and Alphonse? Is anyone else worried, too?" Yaoyorozu asked anxiously.

Uraraka nodded, "I'm worried, too. But, All Might said that he would take care of it, so it should be fine." She smiled sweetly, hiding the nervous look in her eyes.

Kaminari pouted his lip slightly, "We should still offer our help, right? I think we should go and try getting them back. What about you Deku?" He put his arm around me and blushed softly.

"K-Kaminari...? I-I uh...I guess I a-agree...with that..." I cleared my throat, and tried to ignore his eerily eager look.

"Hey, bro, you doing alright?" Sero looked at him in confusion. "Your face is looking a little red."

Kaminari's grin widened, and he nodded. "Guess I just need some fresh air. I'll be back soon!" He flashed a peace sign and left.

We all stared at him, speechless. I could still feel my cheeks burn in embarrassment. "That was weird even for Kaminari," Jirou questioned. Sero agreed and raised a finger towards the dorms.

There, stood Kaminari, rubbing his head and holding onto the wall for balance. "W-what happened?"