Chapter 3

Alphonse's POV

I followed Gluttony into a dark and mysterious room, metal pipes all across the floor. In the middle of this room stood a large chair connected to the main pipe reaching up to the ceiling. The tiny panda bear shivered and squeaked, hugging my helmet tightly. "Oh...This place couldn't get any creepier, huh?"

Gluttony waved at the staircase in the back of the room, "Hello, Father! I brought you a human sacrifice!"

"Father?! Where? This is all happening too fast!" I looked closer at the staircase and saw a tall blonde figure step into the light.

"And who is this?" His voice sounded familiar...

"Dad?" I stepped forward, taking a closer look at his sunken eyes. It was him, alright. He began to speak, but the ground started to shake. Violently. Pipes burst, the chair crumbled, and I lost my balance. I grabbed the panda and held in close to protect it from falling debris. Blood splattered on my back, and I looked over at Gluttony to see him torn in half on the ground. The next minute was nearly the longest of my life. I watched in horror as the room fell to pieces around me. My dad was most likely injured.

But, just as quickly as it started, it stopped... The room was an eerie quiet. I sat up, setting the panda down. My armor was intact for the most part, except a few new dents on my back. I took another look at Gluttony, but he wasn't regenerating. Father jumped down in front of me, "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay. Just a few scratches." I said with a sigh.

"I see." Father reached out and placed a hand on my shoulder. Red sparks flashed, and my armor was fixed, including my missing hand.

Surprised, I shot up and examined my suit, "What? How? You fixed it without even thinning the armor! No circle, no clap, no equivalent exchange... You really are powerful, dad!"

"Excuse me? I am not your father." He looked at me in both disgust and confusion.

"You mean to say you're not Van Hohenheim?" I took a good look at him again. He looked exactly like him, and yet he doesn't remember me.

My words seemed to strike a chord, "Ah, no. I am not him. But I would like to know your name."

He seemed nice, "I'm Alphonse Elric. Gluttony brought me here so I could ask you about my brother, Edward."

"What of him?" He spoke with a distant but dominant voice, holding himself in a way only rulers would stand.

"Gluttony swallowed him, and I want to know if there is any way of getting him back."

He thought about this for a long while, "And your brother is Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist? Yes, there is a way to get him back, but judging from the power of that earthquake and the state Gluttony is in, he's already tried that. And failed, apparently."

I was surprised by that. "What do you mean by that? Where is he? Can I go to him?" If there was any possibility of getting him back, I would try anything.

"Perhaps. But one of my children must go with you first." Except perhaps that...

"Go? Go where? Where is my brother?"

I clenched my fist and waited as Father thought about it for a long while. He looked at Gluttony, then at the room, and back at me. "He's on a planet called Earth, in an alternate universe. Most likely attempted human transmutation to get through the portal and back here, but something went horribly wrong. You can get there as well, but you're taking one of my children with you, so I know you're coming back."

Like who? When I thought about it, Lust, Greed, and Gluttony were all dead, so what other scary homunculi does he have...? "Would any of them kill or hurt us?" I asked, scared to hear what his answer is.