"I did not."

"Just admit it, you did."

"I'd rather die."

The warrior chuckled. He took two steps forward and I tried to move further back, but the wall was blocking me from doing so.

"Answer me again, girl," he slammed his fist to the wall beside my face and I gasped in surprise. "Hope," I blurted. 

"Hope," he repeated. I hated it, but my heart skipped a beat when he said my name. He placed his finger under my chin and tilted my head up so that I'd look at his eyes. I tried to act strong, but it was hard to do that in front of him. 

"Are you the best knife wielder in White Moon?" he asked, scanning my face. "I do not answer," I said but then yelped as his palm suddenly cupped my cheek. 

Although it was midnight, the coldest time in the night, the air around my face was warm. His tough was gentle and his voice turned my ears pink.

"What's...you're name?" I asked softly and he smirked. It was cute and handsome. "Why do you want to know?" he asked and played with my black hair. "Y-You know my name. Let me know yours," I replied, trying my best to focus. 

The boy chuckled. "I thought you were the best knife wielder in White Moon. I've been watching you, you know."

"Spy!" I exclaimed, but was quickly shushed when he took another step forward. He was so close to me now, I could feel his breath on my skin. The boy smiled and I decided I had enough. This is a disgrace to the White Moon.

I jumped as high as I could and grabbed his shoulders, then flipped and threw him. I ran for my knives and as soon as I picked them up, I instantly charged at him. The boy was still stunned and I was able to graze his arm and forehead, then kicked him. He hit a nearby old, stone fountain. 

I stomped to him and pinned him down to the fountain, then raised my blade. "Hope," he said. 

Both of us could tell my hand was shaking. I was hesitating. 

The boy managed to get up and lowered my arm. But then he winced and fell back down. Blood was dripping from his face and arm. 

My knives clattered on the ground as I quickly bent down to help him. "H-Hold still," I stammered shyly. I wasn't used to talking to boys. I ripped off a strip from the hem of my white skirt and bandaged the cut on his arm. I ripped another strip and wrapped up his head.

"You almost convinced me White Moon warriors were all heartless killers," he said as I sat back down in front of him. His blue eyes drifted down and my face felt warm. Even though I was wearing a pair of short pants underneath, I was definitely uncomfortable with the length of this skirt. Especially sitting in front of a boy in it.

"Sorry, I shouldn't stare. Thanks though," he said and tried to stand back up, but I could tell he was struggling to do so. "No, you need rest. You'll die if you return," I said and helped him back down.

We stared at each other in silence. The sounds of battle were far away. "Thanks for not killing our newest swordsman with one strike. I hope he managed to survive," he said and I nodded, too shy to talk.

When he got the hint that I wasn't going to respond, he said, "I'm Ace." I didn't respond and rubbed my bare arms. White Moon uniform isn't exactly specified for sitting around. It was designed to move quickly and blend with the moonlight.

Before I knew it, I was shivering and my nose felt cold. Ace shifted closer and wrapped his strong arms around me. His touch made me blush.

Dark Fang battle uniform was made to withstand the cold since they blend with the shadows to sneak around. Once, I asked Lady Vivian why we use white and barely covering our feet and arms. Lady Vivian had replied that we honor the moon that way.