Redraw

Hellooo!

Sooo, I was going through some papers and I found this...

*internally cries* why's this so nostalgic?

I drew this around 1 year and 10 months ago, I think? I drew this when I was like 11-12, I'm not sure if it was before my 12th birthday or after..

She was supposed to be a spirit companion for a character named Abigail (I'm not sure if that was her name, tho) who wielded the element of earth in a manga I was making. I never made the manga, however I'm planning to revive it...

Anyway, I decided to redraw this cause' why not?

And this is how it turned out...

(Yes, I drew this digitally)

I used the soft falcon pen (bleed) brush and the soft Japanese pen (bleed) for the drawing instead of my usual dip pens.

And I experimented with different blending modes...

Overall this took 1 hour and 55 minutes 😶😶😶
I think I'm drawing my drawings much faster than before...

I think she looks much better than before. My siblings on the other hand think it's awful...

As for changes to her design, there isn't anything really new; I just changed her outfit (made her green coat a dress and added some gold accents on the top of her sleeves and made her sleeves opaque because I'm too lazy to change the layer's opacity)

She seems to be missing something, but I'm not sure whatttt

Anyway, this is it for today (I'm supposed to be studyinggg)

Bye!

[Btw, if you're wondering why her name's spelt using Japanese Kanji, it's cause' her name Kodama (which is a term used for 'tree spirit') is Japanese. I was obsessed with anime when I was 11😅😅😅]